Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:First TD:I toying with the idea of putting my 2.5cb turbo omni on the spray, i have a cheater & pro fogger system 10 & 20# bottles on my race trucks since i am not racining both of them this year i would like to run it on the car. I have a lot of know how to run them on Na motors but not boosted i am confused on how to regulate the fuel to the nitrous system . i was thinking about using half of the fogger system or the cheater with one nozzle at 75- 100hp levels and a dual purge. and other info or suggestions welcome

James

·
Registered
353 Posts
I used NOS on my 85 GLH turbo. I ran 150 hp with good results, but had melted stuff in the learning process. My car only ran 14.0s with no spray and 11.89 at 118 with that 150 hp shot. I had it set up with two foggers and the BIG solenoids....I used the same set up on a base motor neon but with 125 hp and ran 12.11 at 117 compared to 14.8s. In both cases I short shifted to help my stuff not break....by 500-750 rpm. My set up was adjustable with jets to go from 50 hp on one fogger to a whopping 300 hp IF I was stupid enough. I also used a identical set up on a Miata MX5 convertable with 100 hp and ran 12.65 compared to 15.5s!!!! Call NOS and tell them what your fuel pressure is and they will tell you which jets to run....injected cars like ours run a LOT less fuel jetting than the carb cars due to the fuel pressure differences. Get a big digital EGT gauge that has a memory for highest temp and use it before you go to nitrous.....then you can use that tmep as a baseline for use and tuning of your NOS jets. I like to go fat and safe. My next project for NOS use will be the wifes 06 Scion XB....I will shoot for a 75 hp shot then go to @ 85 max.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks that the info i needed .I am running a hood mounted MP ic ,if memory serves right it is the same set up that you used, were did you install the foggers i was thinking right on the intake below the ic outlet hose.
James

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
were the 2 foggers staged or all in one shot
if there was anthing there was any thing you would have done different or like to try iam all ears.

·
Registered
43 Posts
would a hobbs switch and a 15-20 hp dry shot be effective at intercooling a t1 suck through system?

I mean if you wanted to run higher than stock boost without a physical intercooler...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts