Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a couple weeks ago, I went to the junk yard and looked around for a spare turbo valve cover, after searching, I came across two; One in a 2.5 T1 LeBaron Convertible, and the other in a 2.2 TII LeBaron Coupe.

At first I was working on getting the TII's cover off, but it was stuck on there pretty good, I then walked back to the T1 car and began taking the cover off that one, It came off really easy.

After purchasing it and taking it home, It sat for about a week awaiting its final fate.

Yesterday I began work on it, it is now black and looks awesome.

I was going to go with the whole black and polished lettering and rails, but after seeing the finished product in all black, I am in love with it.

Here's the cover on the car at the junk yard:

Here's the cover at home after cleaning it real good with some cleaner:

Here's my current valve cover:

And here's a mockup on my car of the finished product.

Finished.

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
Not too bad. These valve covers clean up nice. I always liked them in black. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
my turbo valve cover is VHT wrinkle black with silver lettering and silver raised ridges and it looks awesome

·
Registered
175 Posts
i just powder coated one in wrinkle black and polished the lettering it looks awesome, i will have to get a pic and post it. these valve covers do clean up very nice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
very nice! i will be getting my valve cover back this week from the powder coat shop. its getting a nice bright red coat then black letters and black ridges :banana:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I painted the last piece today, gonna let it dry for 2 1/2 days before putting it back on the car. It's gonna be awesome :banana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts