Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody done it? know anything about it??

ive got an extra garret so i started to try to clean up the compressor side a lil.... spent alot of time right where the the scroll doubles over itself....aaaand i dono what im doing... haha i opened it up bigger... and i think it has a nice shape and that to it...

i was mostly looking for where they need attention and what not to touch... i know i shouldnt touch where the fan blades go cuz thats real tight tolerances... but since the fan blew up inside it its already nicked up...sooo i was thinking maybe i could machine that a lil bit to give me clearance between the blades and the housing... if i remember correctly the T2 just has alot of clearance in that area so it gets more boost...or something...lol

if you want i could get pics also...

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
I worked on the comp housing inlet and outlet but didnt do anything on the "inside"
(you can also see my ceramic coated turbine housing and 2.5" SV)

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
yup ; 1/4" electric die grinder FTW

I make no claim to be an expert "porter" .. but when I see parts which appear to need porting help, I break out the carbide cutters... I have done my turb housing, comp housing, int & exh mani ; 2.5" SV ..

also my DSM "O2" housing, turb housing, exh mani , etc.. and water pump housings ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts