Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a t2 daytona with a bad turbo on it. I wanted to find out if my good t3 turbo would work on a t2 car, before I started ripping the old one out.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
It will work.

L

·
0 Posts
A TIII turbo has a different bolt pattern on the turbine housing so no,it will not just bolt up. You will be better off finding a good used TII Garret for you Daytona.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey sorry to but in on this... but i have a daytona 89 shelby with a T1 ... and i'm thinking about throwing on a T2... do i need to pull it out of an old daytona...or can i buy a new one or what? and also ... like he was wondering will it fit?....

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
The flange on the 16v T3 is an actual T3 flange. The bolt pattern on the manifold on the T2 car is some weird Chrysler pattern. Like Jackson said, you would be better off finding a good used one in the for sale section. It can be made to work, but it will be a lot of work in the process.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry i'm dumb... i'm aparently not in the know about how a turbo worked... i did'nt know it had "volts" such as 16v. i thought it was a turbine that was spun by the exhaust. and then that spins another turbine...atatched to the intake...? and that rams or speed's up the air coming into the engine...? so i'm rather confuzed as to the asspect of a 16v...turbo.. or a turbo being called a motor... so please explain... or if their is a website that explains it ... please let me know... thanks. :eek:

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
16v or 16V is the type of motor (16 Valve) and can also be referred to as a TIII motor or a Lotus Headed motor or a T3 motor. many Turbos are variations of Tb03 turbos, or known as T3 family of Garrett turbos. TIV is a 8Valve 174 hp 2.2L with a VNT Garrett Turbo. TII is a 8Valve 174 HP 2.2L with a garrett TII turbo. a TI is a 8Valve 145HP motor with garrett TI turbo. the garrett turbos on TI and TII and TIV all use a CHyrsler flange. The TIII motor uses a Ford style T3 flange.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
16v or 16V is the type of motor (16 Valve) and can also be referred to as a TIII motor or a Lotus Headed motor or a T3 motor. many Turbos are variations of Tb03 turbos, or known as T3 family of Garrett turbos. TIV is a 8Valve 174 hp 2.2L with a VNT Garrett Turbo. TII is a 8Valve 174 HP 2.2L with a garrett TII turbo. a TI is a 8Valve 145HP motor with garrett TI turbo. the garrett turbos on TI and TII and TIV all use a CHyrsler flange. The TIII motor uses a Ford style T3 flange.

:confused:

lol

Ok, but the "garrett T1" is really a tb03.

T1's came with mitsubishi turbos too later on 88+.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
:confused:

lol

Ok, but the "garrett T1" is really a tb03.

T1's came with mitsubishi turbos too later on 88+.

yup early TI came with a small Tb03 , i dont consider them a T3 turbo, when searching for a replacement used, I need a TI turbo, most ppl know what you mean, just like a TII turbo is also a T3 family turbo but the difference is the covers on the TI and TII t3 turbos and the later came with a Mitsu To4e something like that that has a chrysler flange.
lots of useless confusing stuff. all our turbos stock unless a mitsu are a T3 garrett of some sort

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
then there are swingvalves and cans. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts