Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my car to air care today,i was going to insure it for the summer,after all the work i did,getting this thing back on the road,on the way home,it started to whistle,sounds like a super charger now,im getting plenty of boost,somone tell me that my turbos not going!!....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its been sitting off and on for over 10 years,i put all new fluids in it,new fuel lines,(2 burst on me)hoses,lots of other stuff,exept the turbo hoses!,...it was finaly running awsome,now this is happening,im just hoping its an air leak or somthing less catasrophic, i hear mixed reviews about the problem,i havent realy looked into it yet,i just parked it "again",for now....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it sounds normal at higher boost,just a constant whistle at lower boost...but...who knows!!!!!!,im pissed!!....ill see if i can figure this one out now tomorow....

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Depending on how open your exhaust is, a slight whistle may be normal. Are you sure it's just a whistle and not a howl? If your worried about the turbo, take the inlet hose off and check the compressor housing for contact from the wheel, but like I said, that would be more of a howl.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
My turbo whistles at wot, do you have an opne element air filter and straight through muffler?

maybe you have this in your tail pipe.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
negative....its a new sound,never did it before,sounds normal when spooling,but now i can here a whistle almost all the time when driving,i think it was even doin it when i was off the gas and coasting down hill,definetly turbo related though............

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is the compressor inlets ducting intact (air filter to turbo)? I had mine take a dump, cracked in a not so obvious place, and my turbo's spool up resulted in a sort of whistling from the turbo area.

crazymadbastard, that turbowhistler made me laugh haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
did you check the lines on the egr or pcv valve lines... i had one of those lines come off on my 92 daytona shelby iroc, and it was kinda of annoying , kinda of like a none stop blow off valve

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Our turbo whistled when we first got the GLHS going after sitting for 6 years.
Pulled the inlet hose to the turbo and found rat guts =)

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Our turbo whistled when we first got the GLHS going after sitting for 6 years.
Pulled the inlet hose to the turbo and found rat guts =)
well atleast we know your car likes meat lol :thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts