Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a worn turbo with turbine blades that are chewed up. Is there anywhere where I can buy new turbine blades?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i would buy a new center section or at least have it rebuilt also if you are putting a new turbine shaft in

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was planning on rebuilding it. I just want to know where I can get a new set of turbo blades... That I can trust atleast

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok awesome! Thanks guys. I'll look at it closer when I get home. (on my phone and mobile web sucks) I hope they have the right size compressor wheel. Mine is a 60mm I believe, but I did measure it and it checked 2.368in which is closer to 60.1mm (don't know if it makes a difference)

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
as stated above have you checked for some serious FOD (Foreign Object Damage)

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
normally the turbine wins in a contact match up lol. The compressor is amother story, if the compressor hits there both aliminum and die. The cast iron turbine normally lives through the turbine, the turbine never lives though

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's the hot side that's chewed up. I can see where it hit the housing and all it looks like it done is take some sort of coating off on a very small portion. No cracks. I'll take pics later tonight and post on this forum

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
the housing isn't that bad, you should be good

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
you may wanna see if they have a wet center housing as well, i've found on all the turbos i've rebuilt that the center housing is worn out where the journal bearings ride and allow the turbine shaft to move around, no sense wasting money on a rebuild kit and turbine shaft only to have an issue real quick because of the center housing, turbos-r-us usually have them for sale on thier ebay page as well and run about 55.00

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Yep I bought a few months back a new wet housing from them for $60 shipped

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shoot, I just noticed your post rippinturbo. So do the center housings already come assembled where I just bolt the housing on and it's ready to go?

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
no, they are bare housings. if you are running the stock configuration your gonna want a wet housing( has coolant passages)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts