Turbo Dodge Forums banner

TurboDodgeParts.com: Quad Solenoid Pack Foam Filter Review

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GLHS0325 
#1 ·
I just got 2 sets of (5) foam filters in the mail from Steven Seale of www.turbododgeparts.com.
Each set was sealed in a small waterproof bag and shipped in a bubble-wrap mailer.
These are well made and appear to be the same type/porosity foam as the originals.
The center holes appear to be formed or cut without changing the airflow through them.

The only critique I have (and it's a minor one) is that the holes don't allow for a snug fit.
While the top plastic ports aren't really a problem, the foam doesn't grip well to the bottom chrome metal ports.
This is easily addressed by using a slight dab of rubber cement to the bottom edge around the ports, then lowering the foam into place.

All in all, it was well worth the price to have the factory look and operation.
Yes there's more durable round domed plastic filters for a Miata or some other car that can be used, but I want the original look.
I also ordered 2 sets of 5 because these things always deteriorate over time, and the shipping would be the same for one pkg. or several quantities.

See less See more
Reactions: GLHS0815
#2 ·
Funny you posted this as I just got my second set today from Steve along with a spare diatom fan motor.

I know what you mean about the fit and yes you can dab some adhesive to them, but I took some electrical tape and wrapped it around the solenoid ports to enlarge the nipples and then cut the tape to the height of the nipple. Now the foam fits snug and you cannot see the tape. I had to do the same for two other solenoids (Wastegate and MAP) as the rubber elbows seem stretched out and not fitting tightly on the nipples. Again nice and tight, and no one can see it unless you pull the rubber elbows off.

#3 · (Edited)
Funny you posted this as I just got my second set today from Steve along with a spare diatom fan motor.

I know what you mean about the fit and yes you can dab some adhesive to them, but I took some electrical tape and wrapped it around the solenoid ports to enlarge the nipples and then cut the tape to the height of the nipple. Now the foam fits snug and you cannot see the tape. I had to do the same for two other solenoids (Wastegate and MAP) as the rubber elbows seem stretched out and not fitting tightly on the nipples. Again nice and tight, and no one can see it unless you pull the rubber elbows off.
That's an even better idea!
I just thought of something even better....
Black heat shrink.

Reactions: GLHS0815
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.