• Turbo

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to turbo a 318 and i've searched everywhere far and wide for a guide and nothing. it's currently in a 1995 dodge dakota with Multi Port Fuel Injection, and im wondering who sells a kit or who i can pay to make piping/manifolds for the job, or if you guys have any other modification suggestions.

The Goal

The goal is to beat a stock (with tune and cold air intake hes making about 420hp on 91 octane) 5.7 hemi in a 1/4 mile drag. i considered stroker kit, but got told a turbo would be better. any suggestions are looked and considered carefully. i will be documenting this via video for anyone intrested in following along or doing this yourself.

Planned upgrades

Rear diff for sure, weather i go locker or just weld it is still to be determined. if you have a good locker suggestion please feel free to leave a link below. links are really helpful.
U joints, driveshaft.
Wider rear tires or possibly just slightly bigger with more grip

Thanks all and happy tuning!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you end up putting a turbo on it, please make a video of it! I’d love to hear it.
Theres just not enough content to find exactly what i want, and i'm in no way mechanically inclined, ill throw together a youtube channel tonight and start documenting the build slowly, im a college student going for a degree in buisness managment not automotive, however i do run a mechanics shop as my side job (when i say im not mechanically inclined i mean outside of stock parts.)

· Registered
13,610 Posts
Focus on your schooling to make megabucks when you're done, then come back in 4 years for this project.
Until then, keep up the maintenance and make your truck as reliable as it possibly can.

I probably have 15k into my GLH easy, if I had that money invested in the stock market, I'd have 150k now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.