Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone of the 2.2/2.5 (Daytona) following done a twin turbo setup. Or maybe a better question is, are there any of you around to talk to about doing this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
an interesting idea... you could do sequential turbos to reduce lag time... but running a true twin setup on a 4-banger would be difficult as just using 2 cylinders to run each turbo dosen't produce a very even exhaust flow.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was kind of the goal. I assumed two large turbos would be pretty much pointless b/c these engines are going to only allow for so much boost regardless what you do to them, however if you did two smaller (say Mitsu) turbos it would reduce turbo lag and still get the effects of a larger turbo? Is this pointless? Or is it better to just say go w/ the Super40 or 60 (whatever it is) turbo setup??

·
Registered
112 Posts
You would probably be better off just sticking with a single turbo setup. Sequentials are for when you've got a really big turbo that would take a while to spool... so you use the first smaller turbo to spool it.

It's a cool idea... but ultimately pointless unless you are making BIG power... it's part of the whole tuner phenomenon... "Oh yeah, well I've got twin turbo blah blah blah."

Stick with a single setup... it'll be easier to manage... and you'll save money.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Its been done.
the ONLY reason to do it would be for the gee-whiz factor, a proper sized single turbo will outperform it in ALL situations.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm working on a 2.5 TT setup using 2 Mitsus and a G-Head. Still in the stages of the rebuild tho. Once I get going I will post picks. The engine is actually going into a Fiero. Always wanted to dothat. I agree tho I'm mostly doing it for the WOW factor. Not looking for more than 250 HP out of the setup. Who would want any more for the street anyway. ; )

·
Registered
221 Posts
i think twin turbo systems are moslt for looks and braging rights that being the case
i just happen to have a daytona and to have drawn up my idea for a twin trubo system that would defintaly produce that and posably some power. its still a rough draft as the pipes from the head to the turbos arent drawn right but it gives you the genral idea. i dont know how well it would work, i think flow from 2 smaller sized turbo into its own tb on each side of the intake might flow worse do to the turbos fighting each other to produce boost. but hey it at least looks cool and we all want to look at pictures someones half-baked idea so here you guys go.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look cool is always great, but it doesn't beat saving money or performance factors. I was wondering that.
I've actually been out of a Dodge for quite sometime now, the closest I have is a Raider....which is moreless a Mitsu.
Anyways I'm wanting to get back into it since I miss my Daytonas and my brother is literally giving me a TII engine. I don't think the turbo was any good and I think thats gone and I don't know whether its a 2.2 or 5....but either way can't complain about free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts