Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Ultimate tall block 2.5 N/A?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  OmniPotentGLH 
#1 ·
Hey there,

So yesterday I finally pulled the flat tops from this old 2.2 I had kicking around, my plan is to build the ultimate 2.5 tall block mated to an A413 with a high stall converter and 1.22 transfer gears for the best 0-60 around town!

I found a 2.5 block in an 89 Shadow locally and I'll go pull it in the next month or so. First question I have is:

What are some of, if any, issues with fitment with the 2.5 tall block in an L body Rampage? All of the same accessories, intake, exhaust, header will fit?

Thanks!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Just wanted to make sure you knew, the 89 2.5 N/A was a common block, so it wasn't a tall deck 2.5l.

As for fitment of the tall deck block, there shouldn't be much of an issue. All of the components for accessories were slotted and work with almost every block combo. The main difference between the 2 items (outside of the longer connecting rods) is the timing belt tensioner, as it is smaller than the 2.2l.

#3 ·
I believe the top half of the plastic timing belt cover MIGHT be different on a tall deck motor

I had one that would not go all the way down when trying to mount it on a 2.2

it said 2.5 on the molding of the timing cover so I think I'd svavanged it off a tall deck motor

and + one the tall deck blocks were based on the earlier version of the motors
89 is to new to be one of them

#5 ·
Tall decks were 1986-87 and 88 only.

1988 was unique as it used a 5 bolt crank gear.

Tall decks used longer light weight rods unless you go custom.

Exhaust is higher but normally not a big problem.

Tall decks can be easily I.D. by the longer casting nub on the rear of the block.

Thanks
Randy

#6 ·
Anyone know what is the highest streetable compression on premium gas?

Are there additives I could buy to increase compression so I could run even higher?

Which head should I use to get the most power out of a 2.5 tall block mated to an A413?

Should I run a turbo torque converter for maximum oomph off the line while brake-torquing?

Will I burn the tires up without a Peloquin or Queef LSD?

I have a fever for a carbed high compression 2.5 tall block!!! :nerd2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.