Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is an '04 with an unknown past, trying to get it back in shape.
Stock turbo with I think a stage 2 wga

Current issue is no boost control. With wga hooked up just to the turbo outlet it will boost to 8 or so psi. With the wga hooked up to factory solenoids, it will go well over 20 until you back off(which we do). I tried using an Intune and lowering the boost but it didn't change any. I have checked and re checked the vac lines. I replaced the all hard lines with new rubber lines. The only boost leak I can find is leaking through the blow off plate the PO installed.

Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, with car turned to the run but not started the solenoid is getting voltage. I used my boost leak tester and pressurized up to 20psi and there was no voltage change to the solenoid. Should there be? Or does the car have to be running? If so how could verify the solenoid is functioning?

·
Administrator
24,577 Posts
I do not have access to service info for your car, however...

A scanner will allow you to actuate the solenoids.
Are any fault codes stored in memory?

·
Registered
7 Posts
does the car have a tune or Mopar s1 that you know of or can check? hooked up to the valve you should be running off pcm levels so if/when your hooked there and its jumping to 20psi, something in the pcm has to be letting it happen,and why when you hook it straight to the turbo you just run off the spring pressure 8psi which is what a s2 spring is, , that valve is a stock "mbc" controlled by your pcm, so it sounds to me that you may? have a tune in there possibly...... idk about obdII scanners but my Diablosport has a option to see "vehicle info" and it shows i have a tune on my pcm, maybe find someone with one to borrow for a sec?

i do know also when changing out the wg spring you need to get your pcm flashed to adjust to the heavier spring rate <------ this also could be your problem

you could do one of two things IMO -- buy a MBC , and run it through the valve line and you will be able to adjust up to your peak boost which you say is around 20psi and back her back down to around 15ish, or hook up right off the turbo and run the wg from there, with a 8lb spring you will be able to boost up to 14-16psi

next block off that stock re-circulation valve , and get a bov <--- theres a handful of things to do to wake'em up for little to no $$$

Just my $ 0.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts