Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tee Hee Hee

Ok so, Here's the up-date.

I got the motor and trans in the car tonight. Thats really about it. The TU 6 puck is also in. I've desided to go with a stock A568 for now untill i get the OBX LSD installed into the A523 w/ 3.50:1 FD.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
Nice :thumb:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Nice!
I want 8 more valves too!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Are you going turbo or NA??
I should have some pics of my 2.4 in a 91 Daytona swap early next week, I'm going NA for now and if all works out I'll build up a turbo setup later. My ride will have AC and PS.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you going turbo or NA??
I should have some pics of my 2.4 in a 91 Daytona swap early next week, I'm going NA for now and if all works out I'll build up a turbo setup later. My ride will have AC and PS.
turbo is the only way to go!!!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Damn, that Stratus intake looks pretty cool. I wanted to do that, but I would have had to really mess with the radiator location in my Daytona, so I used the DOHC Neon intake.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another up-date.
Test fit the turbo. Rember I got a new Exhaust Manifold being made. The new one will look MUCH cleaner! The External WG is going in the middle right off the Manifold and NOT the turbo like how some other people do it. The Down Pipe is 3" and will be thermal wraped.

And the Seats. The yellow Trim kinda sucks and the dog hair is hard to get off, but they where cheap, they are light so they are going in the car soon. They are MOMO T-2000's

·
Registered
282 Posts
dam that nice when you get it done you will have to take a drive up the sea to die hiway
and cruz it up to Whisltler for a day or 2

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MORE PROGRESS! kinda.

Thats my Aluminum Godspeed rad hiding behind there..... I have no idea what i'm gonna do for a rad fan yet... maybe a really thin one between the IC and rad...

Gauges and fuse block install.
I desided to mount the new fuse pannel in the console to help keep things looking clean. I had to cut the fuse block down a bit to fit. But it's in and it'll do it's job!

Fuses are for: Bottle Heater, Nitrous purge, Nitrous/Fuel solinoids, and 2 stage boost controll.

The switches are for: E-break relese (red button), Manuel fan switch, 2 stage boost safty switch, Nitrous activation, bottle heater, and Nitrous purge (blue button).

Gauges: A-pillar; Boost, AGT and digital O2 (the gauge is also a volt meter AND is wideband compatable). Dash; Water temp, Fuel Pressure, Oil pressure. and i also have a shift light with a bulit in digital tach.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
the guy who had the head first made bushings to adapt the stock 8v gears. I'm gonna use them till i get everything togeather and the motor is running
would you be willing to sell those after you get your new ones? i dont want to spend no 269 on gear..

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
well if you deside to keep them would you be willing to get a pic of the bushings? i can make them if i know what they look like. but if you do get new ones keep me in mind for the bushings :thumb:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hey good job, it remember me some souvenir! It's a lot of work to get a 16V conversion but the result is fantastic.

The Long runner caravan intake will give you more low end torque to spool the turbo but will kill top end..just FWI.

Are you using stock electronics?

ciao

1 - 20 of 39 Posts