Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
10,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I wanted to fill you guys in on this new tidbit we added back to the forum.

So many of you may notice now a small green square below your post count.

You also may notice the "Scales of Justice" beside your "logged in" icon on your posts.

This, my fellow members, is part of the User Reputation System. What this does is gives you, the users, power to recommend/approve of another members postings, or disapprove of it. This is in a trial run, if more people decide to use it, the more likely of a chance it will stick around.

What this gives you (the members) a chance to do is to rate someone based on their kindness, generosity, good knowledge, etc, and give each member a chance to "earn" a good or bad reputation on the board.

As you may all notice almost all of you (except for really old users) will have the reputation "keeping the peace" This is a reputation everyone starts out as. Each new member (and most all you existing members) will start out with 10 reputation points. As your reputation "score" builds, your rep status will change, as well as the number of green squares you have under your post count.

Furthermore, the more rep you gain from other people, the more influence you have on other's rep points as you grant them to them, etc.

So for example, say you have 500 rep points (which were given to you by the other members) So instead of approving of someones posts and giving them 1 rep point (which is standard) you may grant them say 5 points or 10. I havent quite got this hashed out yet how much influenece higher rep scores will have on others, so bear with me.

Now, there are a few small rules.

The first is rep scoring itself. We have a rep score rotation where you cannot continue to "approve/disapprove" of someones posts continuously. For every rep score you hand out, you must rate 20 their unique individuals before you can come back and rate that first person. This keeps the system more balanced, and forces us members to look at other individuals instead of just approving friends, etc.

The other rule I want to stress is to not disapprove of someones posts unless they are acting negatively towards other members, being rude, etc. Were not here to judge people for bad days, or misinformation, but we dont want the image of allowing negative comments run rampant. I'm trying to make the forum a nicer place, and recognize all the people that make this site a great place, not just "gearheads" or "PR Team" or staff etc.

Not everyone has the time to dedicate to the site and move threads, etc. So I thought it would be nice if someone could see others appreciate the help even if they cant "wear a badge" or something like that.

With discussions with the owner, we may even be able to set up promotions for people who have high rep scores, that grant them perks like say a paid member status. But for now, that is not the case, nor do I want it to seem like you can just rate people till they get "free memberships"

Like stated, just want to reward the people who make this place a good place to visit.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
So I just click on

Attachments

Reactions: cheezit53

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Just used it on one of JAN's post.

·
Administrator
10,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, forgot to add, click on the justice scales by the logged in indicator turbo and a little pop out tab will show, where you can write a comment and approve or disapprove of someones post.

·
Administrator
10,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some additions to the system -

After 365 days after your join date, yopu gain 1 rep point of influence (everyone starts with 1, each year they are on they gain a point for influence

After 50 posts, your rep will begin to add/detract from others when you rate them.

After 500 Posts, you are allowed an extra rep point of influence.

After you gain a reputation of 200, you are granted an extra rep point of influence.

Also, everyone can see the rep points that are granted to others, and who rates you. I can disable this if you guys want, but if you'd like to see who rated you and why, you can click on "User CP" up on the top bar on your screen, and scroll down below your post subscriptions and social groups (if you have any) and any ratings you have recieved will be listed there alond with the user, etc. This is limited to the last 5 ratings

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
mass pm worked well in the past ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,720 Posts
Some additions to the system -

After 365 days after your join date, yopu gain 1 rep point of influence (everyone starts with 1, each year they are on they gain a point for influence

After 50 posts, your rep will begin to add/detract from others when you rate them.

After 500 Posts, you are allowed an extra rep point of influence.

After you gain a reputation of 200, you are granted an extra rep point of influence.

Also, everyone can see the rep points that are granted to others, and who rates you. I can disable this if you guys want, but if you'd like to see who rated you and why, you can click on "User CP" up on the top bar on your screen, and scroll down below your post subscriptions and social groups (if you have any) and any ratings you have recieved will be listed there alond with the user, etc. This is limited to the last 5 ratings
K , I clicked on user CP but I don't see anything regarding this ...

·
[X]treme Aggression
1,881 Posts
on separate note,i think that only one point should be given per person per post. cuz that way people that are friends cant inflate eachothers things, cuz thats bound to happen.

so if 10 people give a person rep for their post, they get 10 points. will just save the hassle and be more accurate.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
a rep can be a good thing!!!! but if you have a bad one........:eek: it will be interesting to see what all comes from this!!!!

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
I suggested this feature last year when I was a mod here, I was told it would hurt people's feelings. Glad to see you guys finally implemented it. It makes the forum more interactive, and hopefully allows us to flag suggestions that are dumb/dangerous/won't work. ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts