Turbo Dodge Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey I just want 2 add that's pretty cool that everyone can rate on how helpful one another is or not Now I've been a gearhead almost 30 years but even I don't always have the correct answer so how will this negative voting chart work? I remember 3 years ago a lot of childish bickering back n forth so again hows this work? Are you saying everyone in bad rep will be voted off?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wanted to add subject RWD conversions I've built 3 and people have asked but yet no complete details In 83 Mopar sold a complete kit just for us and yet our thread doesn't cover pro's ,con's or facts on any subject really. just for our readers to think about It seems like someone will mention a subject n a few comments but yet that subject is lost n the readers get everyone's chat that doesn't pertain to the subject of what some was trying to find I hope this inspires our readers not only to benefit for themselves but others as well!

·
Administrator
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
No no one with bad rep gets voted off. There really only was one or two guys who we felt abused the negative side of the rep system.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hey I just want 2 add that's pretty cool that everyone can rate on how helpful one another is or not Now I've been a gearhead almost 30 years but even I don't always have the correct answer so how will this negative voting chart work? I remember 3 years ago a lot of childish bickering back n forth so again hows this work? Are you saying everyone in bad rep will be voted off?

Are we on the island this sounds more like a TV series such as SURVIVOR or LOST.Where's the tiki idol for imunity?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good idea. Always greatful for others feedback, helping each other. Sharing the knowledge. Just purchased a 92 Daytona IROC and know Ill need input from others. Thanks to everyone responsible for this site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi So now I've located and purchased a 1985 Chrysler LeBaron GTS turbo-5 speed to put
into my 84 Rampage 5 speed car.I haven't taken anything out of the LeBaron yet,(it's minus 13 degrees)I'll wait till it's a little warmer.The LeBaron ran,(I took it up the street after we trailered it home)seemed to run pretty good.So for some help,The main engine wiring harness should be just a straight swap in at the driver's firewall,and apparently I'll need to cut a hole in the other side of the firewall to allow the plug and harness for the logic module to go through.Then I'm thinking of installing an in line after market fuel pump,if this will work,but I was reading something about baffles in the tank,are these necessary?Also,I would presume a 12v wire fron Ign "on" to fuel pump.I think it would be wise to remove and install the head gasket,but my local Chrysler dealer tells me that turbo head gaskets are different than regular 2.2/2.5 and are no longer available.I'd like to spend around $1,000. on this project,but could go higher if necessary.Any and all ideas are welcome.I have a fair mechanical knowledge,but am old and not up to date on newer computer and turbo knowledge.Many thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm not sure about the '85 LeBaron hood plug going thru' the fire wall to mate to the under dash harness at the firewall with a square 40 plug connector, but the '84 Rampage is. And the '89 LeBaron is a round bulkhead "plug" with a square 50 gang connector under the dash inside the firewall above your left foot mounted on a steal rod that goes from the inner wheel housing to the upper cowl behind the dash. And we both know you have two brains in the '85 'Baron. One behind the passenger side kick panel and the other on the left inner quarter just inside the core support:thumb: Have fun with it. It's all doable, Jer

·
Banned
866 Posts
I don't like posting negatively for someone ill nature.
Just their lack of fairness, and understanding on how much time or effort goes into sourcing parts for them?
Most all members understand this .
But a few leave you feeling that you should be buying the parts for their car instead of them?
It irks me that they feel a new part should be valued for cost ONLY and not the TIME it takes to package ,ship, insure, and TAX with the gas ,it costs to send the parts their way.
Items that they cant source for them selves new or restored for their cars ?

TIME is money I 'm shure that members don't work for minimum wages ;and salvage yards don't remove these bits for free either.
That being said a small understanding of the actual fees it cost would be great ;and a grateful remark now and then would be nice from time to time from these members?
If their was a error made that they would honor the expenses incurred and pay them no matter how small if bills where supplied to verify the costs!

THANKS MIKE0007 TD!!! :thumb:

NOTE:
We are all human and we do make mistakes but we shouldn't have to pay for them if we are not profiting from a transaction!

SHOWING a person gratitude is far better a reward than any thing else you can do, it means you care and are appreciative for what they have done for you! :cool:

God bless thanks much for the respect to those who I've helped at TD with cars parts and ideas on how to fix them.....:dancing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, its healthy and levels the field by members....about members....for the betterment of all members. The process leaves room for reward for those that deserve merit for exceptional posts or those posts that may not be appropriate. How otherwise, may peer criticism or acclaim be offered without offending or showing bias to your fellow members? The nail may have been struck squarely head-side. I'm very new to the site and can only say..........I like it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I have a 89 2.5 turbo daytona I'm restoring ..but I'm looking for a turbo 2.2 head..to put on my 2.5..I rebuild the bottom end..but I hear the 2.2 head was best for turbo..mine is a 89 T top model..runs well..but the head gasket deck of the head is thin..I keep blowing head gaskets ..my turbo is boosting 15 to 18..pounds..its a 5 speed love the car but hate doing head gaskets on it..has a gates timing belt kit on it..and any info about perf cam for it be 😎

·
Administrator
24,189 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

This is posted in the wrong section.
I would suggest opening a new thread about the headgasket issues in the "Help" section and a thread in the "Parts Wanted" section for the cylinder head.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts