Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Daytona with the 3.0 engine and I was looking to add a little more to the engine while it was in the machine shop this winter for a rebuild. Does anyone know what year pistons from the Diamante's that worked in the Chrysler 3.0? Also is the difference between the Diamante and Chrysler pistons the depth of the dish cut in the top of the pistons that increases the compression? Finally, there are 12 and 24 valve pistons available for the Diamante, I assume I need the 12 valves? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I honestly thought I could get the higher compression pistons through any engine rebuild parts supplier, but I am only finding two options for the Chrysler piston rebuild kits. Pistons that are stock with valve reliefs and a piston without valve reliefs yet the dish cut is the same so there would be very little increase in compression.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated! :grin2:

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone is looking for these pistons I have found a source that carries std, .020" and .040" over bore pistons here in the states. Just note the over bore pistons are NOT decked to make up for the additional volume. I should have my engine back from the machine shop in a couple of weeks to begin reassembly with a set of .020" over pistons. Let me know if you have questions. I will be trying to get this engine to make piston to valve clearance with Crower F5365 cams too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone is interested the engine is back together with the first 2500 miles in the car. Going with the 10:1 piston is absolutely worth the $180 if you are rebuilding an engine. I'm not sure what it would do to a stock engine, but they really added to mine. Also, using the Crower F5365 regrind cams with 10:1 pistons creates an interference engine with both the intake and exhaust valves. Just keep it in time and all will be fine >:). Just let me know if I can help anyone doing a 3.0 rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts