Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have vac line diagram not sure what orifice & pressure relief/ rollover valve are. What size do the lines need to be?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
orifices are small holes, I use Mig welding tips for my map sensor and AFPR. If you need one for a MBC then may need a different one
I thought that ment the smaller hole. Thanks. Anybody know what size the lines need to be? At the bottom of vac diagram it shows pressure relief/rollover valve what is this?

·
Administrator
25,735 Posts
The rollove valve is part of the evaporative emissions system and is used to prevent fuel from running from the tank into the engine compartment in the event of an accident, if the vehicle rolls over and the tank is higher than the engine compartment.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rollove valve is part of the evaporative emissions system and is used to prevent fuel from running from the tank into the engine compartment in the event of an accident, if the vehicle rolls over and the tank is higher than the engine compartment.
Thanks, dose it matter what size vac lines I use?

·
Administrator
25,735 Posts
The evaporative emission lines have fuel vapors in them so you will want to use neoprene fuel line.
I keep supplies of vacuum line/fuel line/emission hose at home for those times when a line cracks/breaks. I also have a very wide assortment of vacuum tee's/fittings.
The sizes that are common are 3/32", 5/32", 7/32" thick wall vacuum line.
1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" fuel line.
11/32" emission hose.
I do not like to use(and will not use) a vacuum line that is smaller and forcing it on, in a few months the line will crack from the heat and stress.
If you are going to do it, do it right the first time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The evaporative emission lines have fuel vapors in them so you will want to use neoprene fuel line.
I keep supplies of vacuum line/fuel line/emission hose at home for those times when a line cracks/breaks. I also have a very wide assortment of vacuum tee's/fittings.
The sizes that are common are 3/32", 5/32", 7/32" thick wall vacuum line.
1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" fuel line.
11/32" emission hose.
I do not like to use(and will not use) a vacuum line that is smaller and forcing it on, in a few months the line will crack from the heat and stress.
If you are going to do it, do it right the first time.
Thanks, I just got through checking lines they appear to be routed correctly, the only thing I don't have is the check valves in place. But still can only get 9 psi boost and it struggles to do that. Should you be able to move waste gate a little by blowing in the hose with mouth?

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you can make the wastegate move with your mouth, its weak and should be replaced. Mine failed this way and limited me to 5 psi. When I disconected the line to the wastegate, the boost was about right, not over, so I knew that was the problem. See if your boost is better with the line unhooked, and that will tell you if thats the problem.

-Dan-

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you can make the wastegate move with your mouth, its weak and should be replaced. Mine failed this way and limited me to 5 psi. When I disconected the line to the wastegate, the boost was about right, not over, so I knew that was the problem. See if your boost is better with the line unhooked, and that will tell you if thats the problem.

-Dan-
Thanks, I'll try that tomarrow.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I took the wastegate off completely, Wired gate closed hooked to acellerator spring. Went for test drive boosts much quicker about 3500 RPM only 10 sometimes 11 psi. So guess I looking for large can adjustable waste gate then go from there.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I picked up my orifices at Autozone. Vacu-tite part number 47311

1 - 11 of 11 Posts