Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be one of a few posts about my 'new' 1987 Lancer ES I just picked up. (I just rolled 38,000 miles on the test drive and LOVE IT!). At least this question seems to have a forum that makes sense to post it to.

When I was test driving the car I notice there was no turbo. After the owner (a turbo Mopar guy) and I dug around he found that the 'junction hose' on top of the engine (just behind the valve cover) had a few leaks. Some electrical tape and a few minutes later he had the turbo spinning up like new. However, that's a very short lived solution. And, the 1986 GTS parts car I have has a TOTALLY different part for the same function... in just 1 years change.

My Questions:
1) Is anyone able to identify the part number of this piece (has 1 med and 2 small vac. hoses coming in from the pass side and goes to a connector on the top of the engine towards the drivers side).
2) Has anyone successfully fixed these before (glue, tape,Flex Seal, ?? Other magic)?
3) Does anyone know if they're still available, or is someone sitting on any they don't need anymore?

Thanks everyone.
Ray

·
Legendary Driver
10,904 Posts
love to help but can you post some pics of the items you're asking about? I love redoing and modifying the vac systems on these cars. Specifically making them look like they're not there but still factory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gladly, BUT... (seriously) I JUST got called from work and am heading out the door to fly cross country. I'll post when I'm back after the 10th.

Thanks, not trying to be a twit, but I love that look!!!
Ray

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I replaced mine as it keep falling apart under boost. Even JB weld could not hold under the pressure and heat. I replaced mine with brass pipe fitting using Pisco Pneumatic Equipment quick connects with Teflon lines.
Overkill yes but it works

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
Or you can just go with the standard vacuum block, you have multiple choices although I have to admit I like the look of GLHNSLHT2 underhood also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back and trying to catch up here...
Yea, that pic from GLHNSLHT2 looks amazing! Feel free to PM me to get more pix/details. I'd love to find a nice clean way to fix this up as it'll apply to 3 (maybe 4) of my cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts