Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my vacuum system is messed up pretty bad. The person I bought it from did a LOT of shade tree mechanics with this car. Nothing is going to where it should. I don't need to redo it, I'll be transplanting it into a Shadow/Sundance soon hopefully. It's current home is an 89 LeBaron, 2.5L turbo.

The problem is that it idles up to about 3-4k rpms, then putters and dies. Any ideas? I'm thinking it's something to do with a sensor hooked up to vacuum. This is WAY out of my skill range, and I need to somehow fix it tonight.

·
Vroom vroom.
452 Posts
I was Having that problem aswell. I Looked under the hood and the pcv valve was unhooked, you might check that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
quick question, for a turbo 2.5, the intake manifold should be supplying vacuum to the baro solenoid, map sensor, fpr, boost gauge, wastegate solenoid.

The throttle body ports are for the canister purge system. I'm not currently seeing hardly any vacuum at the boost gauge and it barely goes into boost, definitely have lost power. i got to looking under the hood and found that the baro solenoid is being fed off the throttle body, which is not the way the diagram says it should be. Is this a big deal?

·
Registered
681 Posts
quick question, for a turbo 2.5, the intake manifold should be supplying vacuum to the baro solenoid, map sensor, fpr, boost gauge, wastegate solenoid.

The throttle body ports are for the canister purge system. I'm not currently seeing hardly any vacuum at the boost gauge and it barely goes into boost, definitely have lost power. i got to looking under the hood and found that the baro solenoid is being fed off the throttle body, which is not the way the diagram says it should be. Is this a big deal?
Should start a new thread...

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
First go to DDG- The Turbo database page! as posted above and find your vacuum diagram and check to insure it's plumed correctly. Check all your plastic fittings for cracks etc.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Kyle Is your 89 LeBaron, 2.5L turbo a T1 or T2? Check your manifold vacuum source and ensure they are in use or plugged.+

Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts