Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
FM has sold JEs for many years. Probably still able to get them. Wiseco with paper thin rings were ones I wasn't happy with.

·
Super Moderator
11,700 Posts
sad to see yet another old name brand go

but it is 2019..and time to buy some J E's.. "60" over, small G head dish ..and the asymmetric skirts look interesting

lol
also time to buy about 20 pounds of mazzi 16v crankshaft shavings too...

yeah , seriously.

like so:

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
The FM eagle 2.4 JE piston combo is great. Was 850. I am going to get G head 2.4 pin pistons in a couple weeks actually. Need to find an R2+ somewhere lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FM has sold JEs for many years. Probably still able to get them. Wiseco with paper thin rings were ones I wasn't happy with.
Wisecos seem to hold up for Stefan Beauregard's 8.04 second Shelby Charger. I hear they are quieter too and don't set off the knock sensor.

Ben

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Once the rings get hot they lose their spring. Then you lose compression. You can go farther on a thicker moly ring. The thin lower friction setup on a 10K Honda NA engine or a rebuild it every year loose super stock is a lot different. My brothers NSRT4 lost so much compression from heated rings we pulled the head to look for broken pistons. But the job 2 weeks and they came back by the time we got it back together. So physically you are riding on that tensile strength for compression.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rings appear to be holding up in Stefan's set up and I also heard James Reeves 9 second Omni uses Wiseco's too. Thank You for your input though.

Ben

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
The factory added moly rings that were thicker for long term durability. If it was meaningless and my opinion. The turbo and NA would use the same rings. But it common in this community to disregard everything for decades if one racer says otherwise. The PT lifters, beehives and plenum intakes were around for 15 years before anyone used them because one racer said there is no gain over stock stuff lol. Who knows better tuning today maybe a razer blade is all you need with the right material.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts