Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1987 GLHS Charger for sale:

rebuilt engine,turbo,etc. New clutch,wheels,tires, paint(two stage,color sanded),decals,Momo steering wheel, gauge pod,FWD cal,Blaupunkt CD with upgraded speakers,polybushing mounts,new vacuum lines,fuel lines,etc.
I have the original wheels and steering wheel and they are in great condition. They will go with the car. This is a very nice GLHS that runs and looks great.
Cal car since new. All smog equipment intact and passed Ca smog. No rust,ever.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike_shepard said:
Great looking car ya got there.. Love the GS in behind it I had one also far from good condition but was a great car I loved it

Thanks. Actually the GS is under the cover to the left. The car behind is a 70 Olds Vista 442 conversion.
The GS is a great car,suprises a lot of more well known muscle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You've got quite the collection! Is that 2002 the yellow one that one the Grassroots Motorsports challenge a couple years ago? I'm a 2002 owner as well and that was a pretty nice looking setup.

Also, I thought that was a Monaro GTS before I read that you have a Pontiac GTO!

Eddy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eddycooper said:
You've got quite the collection! Is that 2002 the yellow one that one the Grassroots Motorsports challenge a couple years ago? I'm a 2002 owner as well and that was a pretty nice looking setup.

Also, I thought that was a Monaro GTS before I read that you have a Pontiac GTO!

Eddy
The 2002 is one and the same. The GTO is gradually being converted to full HSV specs. Even down to reprogramming the dash display!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pretty car...how firm on the price? I'm in the market for something like this, but the price is more than I'd like to spend. I don't want to insult you or low ball, that's why I'm asking before I even offer.

Thanks

Derck

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the interest, but I'm somewhat firm on the price. I don't need to sell it, I just haven't been driving it much. One of the nicest Chargers out there.
A few more details:
new windshield
Kumho Ecsta Mx tires
engine rebuilt with T2 pistons and rods
rotating assembly balanced
T2 roller cam and springs
high flow,back cut valves
intake and head ported and gasket matched
higher flow injectors with new harness
turbo rebuilt and performance balanced
new fuel pump and ac hoses.
trans rebuilt with HD spider and side gears

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
paulharbosky said:
Hopefully by the time im done saving up this car will still be available. lol
Very nice car!
Thanks. I'll probably still have it as everyone knows it's tough to sell a TD for more than 500. -lol

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Clever retort

ForzaV12 said:
Thanks. I'll probably still have it as everyone knows it's tough to sell a TD for more than 500. -lol
Actually, I bought my 86 for $775, and is wasn't even driveable :thumb: Hell, if I had the money, we'd have something to talk about. Gorgeous ride.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump before Ebay.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
wasn't that GLHS and a 4 door for sale a year ago? I was trying to get a hold of the guy that sold it for $1,600 (at least thats why he asked for it). Looks like you di some work to it. Your green GLHS was in SCC wasn't it? That mag has had they're nose so deap into Japans rear I had to close the mag and look again at the cover when I saw the green GLHS. These guys have the ultimate street car comp and the best engineered car once blew up and flunked emissions. Last G comp they had they made the comment "too bad no American cars can compete, some day it would be nice if they could" then right next to that they said they had rules stating no push rod engines or flat 6s. The best part was the race, is there a URL on that? Whats it really take to run it? Looked fun and Mexico may not be so intense with rules.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Certainly one of the nices 87 GLHS' out there. You'll sell it, just be patient. It took nearly a year to sell my 86 GLHS, but I got what the car was worth in the end.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Pope said:
wasn't that GLHS and a 4 door for sale a year ago? I was trying to get a hold of the guy that sold it for $1,600 (at least thats why he asked for it). Looks like you di some work to it. Your green GLHS was in SCC wasn't it? That mag has had they're nose so deap into Japans rear I had to close the mag and look again at the cover when I saw the green GLHS. These guys have the ultimate street car comp and the best engineered car once blew up and flunked emissions. Last G comp they had they made the comment "too bad no American cars can compete, some day it would be nice if they could" then right next to that they said they had rules stating no push rod engines or flat 6s. The best part was the race, is there a URL on that? Whats it really take to run it? Looked fun and Mexico may not be so intense with rules.
Actually, No. I've owned this GLHS for a while and it's always been in pretty nice condition. I did sell an 86 GLHS on ebay last year for 1600.(and I've got a couple more "S" cars that I will be selling soon)
Yes, that was my GLHS in SCC. It was a lot of fun,although last year was just a bit of a dry run for this year. The green car now has it's race motor installed as well as a number of improvements. The other GLH T that blew up last year will also be returning with a new engine built by MockGLH. The editor of SCC will be returning as my co-driver and I expect we will suprise quite a few people this year. It's going to be quite the TD enthusiast party down there this year. We've got the cream of the SoCal TD crop going down as a support team(about a dozen of us!) Full report to follow.
Believe it or not, the SCC guys think our cars are pretty entertaining. I know a few of the editors and they are true "car guys". They are good drivers and have built some pretty cool cars of their own(turbo 240(silvia), off road 510, turbo Miata, V-8 Volvo wagon, big engined festiva,etc.
I agree with you that the Ultimate "Challenge" has become a joke over the years. Excluding engine types basically ensures that one of the ricermobiles will win. I guess they got tired of Vipers and Ferraris ruining their party. They can't even claim it's to keep costs down, as you well know ,many of those turbo Supras,Evos,etc have budgets that would give you a nose bleed!
American cars can compete as the SRT4(picked by SCC as their car of the year),CTSV,ZO6,Cobalt SS, Mustang,SRT Charger and yes, the GTO have shown. It just takes awhile to sway public opinion.
The Mexico race is a blast. There are catagories for most cars. Safety requirements consist of a roll bar, fire extinguisher, harnesses, on board first aid kit and reflective triangle. Plus the usual tech inspection.
Qualifying is determined by your results on a two mile hillclimb. The race itself is four 24 mile stages through the coastal hills. Lots of twistys and a few long straights(last years winning roadrace prepped Mustang hit 170+)
There are plenty of ways to kill yourself though. Not many guardrails and drop offs into the drink. The race is part of the Silver State Challange series and I think you can find info on their site.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
if SCC actually was a compact mag it would be allot better mag, there are allot of them out there with the bigger cars. Civic is a compact for instance, a NSX and a S2000 are not. A Celica is a compact, a Supra is there biggest baddest car. Just is amusing that they allow Neons and Focus in there but not Vipers and Vettes. And if they are going to run there mouth they should have the guts to back it up. This year they had the fastest tuner car on they're cover, another non compact a GTR, it runs 10's. Fastest Jap tuner maybe, there are 2 different Viper tuners out there selling 8 second Vipers and another tuner selling 9 second Vettes. By all rights just off the name of the mag a Nova and a Dodge Dart have more business in the mag than a Supra lol. I buy it though, very amusing. The funniest import people are Super Street, they just pawn off like they are idots right off the bat, then no one on earth can say anything lol. Hope to see you do well, and the GLHS is going up in price so the 2 door should bring some cash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts