Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· We'll do it live!
7,617 Posts
Fixed :thumb:

· We'll do it live!
7,617 Posts
i'm kinda wondering how to get it to test all those commands.

· Registered
386 Posts
Digital is cool, but they do go out easier. I had a Pacifica model w/ the dash/12button traveler. The traveler was really nice and accurate, the digital dash was crap. Once I got over 55 it would just randomly skip speeds, fuel gauge was sketchy, no oil pressure, pegged temp, no battery. Yea....more trouble than they're worth. They didn't put them in everything for a reason.

· We'll do it live!
7,617 Posts
Most of the stuff in my car works fine.......sort of. My speedometer gets stuck at zero sometimes. I agree with the fuel guage being sketchy too. Its usually fine, until you get down to 3 bars. Then it tends to vary a little bit. It's Only one button on my navigator works. Voice commands work too well. Sometimes it tells me to close the right rear passenger door or the hatch (Funny. I didn't think 2 door barons had those :laugh: )

I still think they're really cool. It's nice having something in my car that none of my friends have, since generally their cars are nicer than mine. Kinda levels the playing field.

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
It is cool if it all works correctly. The traveler has the same shitty buttons as some of the factory radios and over time they just wear out to the point you have to brand the stupid button into your thumb for it to work.

· Registered
5,790 Posts
There were two different voice warning moduals for the U.S. cars. One had more functions for the System Check features such as was on that video. The other only had basic stuff. The funny thing is that over time they seem to "remember" how to say stuff they shouldn't! LOL I don't know what that's all about, but I think it'd be kinda cool to activate certain ones that they normally don't say.

I've heard the ones that speak French(for some of the Canadian versions) use a chick's voice! That would be nice to have...too bad I don't speak French. I'd rather a lady be speaking to me anyways!

My friends and I have always wanted to reprogram one and have it say all kinds of stuff that would be funny...like: "Close your friggin door @sshole!" LOL! :D

· Registered
140 Posts
The traveler has the same shitty buttons as some of the factory radios and over time they just wear out to the point you have to brand the stupid button into your thumb for it to work.
Those can be cleaned - you need to carefully pull the plunger part straight up and off, and then take out the black rubber contact itself. Then, you scrub the contact area itself with a pencil eraser, scrub the contacts in the button switch, and reassemble. Usually they work fine after, even if they don't spring back anymore.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.