Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
What did it come off of, or do you know?

It's definatly very early TI.

The interesting thing is that the flange is where TU's is. It also looks like a standard Flange too, but the turbo opening was round. I dunno on this one!?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
My guess was going to be a carbed car.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the pic and yes, I have it. I was thinking about how to use it with a dodge turbine because it does look like it's set up for a ford turbine right now. It would allow repositioning of the compressor so that you would not need the dodge angle to get around the head.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Is it actually a T3 turbo flange or just some sort of regular exhaust flange?

Lots of RWD cars have flanges that look like that and simply attach to the exhaust system...

What does the RWD 2.2/2.5 dakota exhaust manifold look like?

-Rich

·
Registered
237 Posts
It looks like a standard T3 flange. Why not just sell / trade that manifold for a chry. flanged manifold. I'm sure some of us would like that manifold to attache a T3 flanged turbo to their car. our manifold may allow the TIII turbo ot any T3 family turbo to bolt to a TII car.

Best Regards,
Landon Kivett

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no problem buying a Ford T-3 turbine to use on it, I was just wondering if anyone knew what application it came from? I was just thinking the chrysler turbine would make it easier on me since I have a TU 3" wastegate.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Can you post up more pics?

Is there any evidence of welding, or does it look like a 1 piece casting? I'd say you can a really rare item, with a little porting and a good turbo it should be capable of some good HP and it's easier to install the turbo outlet hose on a T3/T4 hybrid just like the TU head as you said.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Howard you beat me to this in the last few seconds on Ebay. Aren't you glad I knew when to say uncle?:p That is definitely a standard or Ford flange. I gave my local Dodge dealer the casting # off of it, and they came up with nothing. Said it was a bad #. My best guess is that it came off some Mexican 8V car. They did some different stuff down there. It had a part # so it probably isn't a prototype. I used to live in San Antonio and would see strange K cars periodically in the salvage yards. Like automatic intercooled K cars.
If your going to part with it, LMK. I would like a second chance bid on it;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
What does the standard chrysler turbo flange look like? I was hoping maybe someday if I ditch the IHI in my tbird for something bigger I could replace the mitsu in the shadow with it...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Whats the number thats on it? Any export part will still have a mopar part number. Might be a casting number.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks like the exhaust manifold used on a Spirit R/T or Daytona IROC R/T T3 engine. It used a standard ford style t3 flange.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Looks like the exhaust manifold used on a Spirit R/T or Daytona IROC R/T T3 engine. It used a standard ford style t3 flange.
Yeah not even close to looking like a TIII 16V manifold. But yes that is accurate the TIII uses a standard T3 flange, thats about all that manifold and a TIII has in common LOL.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
I dunno.... It's not perfectly squared off... and that round 'donut mark'.... Reminds me of Volvo..... Why would it be on a dodge manifold, tho?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts