Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vibration on my Acclaim, that starts at around 40mph and continues to around 60. It happens under acceleration and cruising, but stops off gas. It is also very bad when turning right, but goes away totally when turning left. All suspension parts are new. I have also replaced the ds cv. The ps cv seemed fine.
Any Help?

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a possible bad cv shaft or wheel bearing.
That's what I was thinking, but there is no noise associated with this vibration. No clicking of the axle. No hum of a wheel bearing.

I don't want to start throwing parts at it til it goes away. Could bad motor mounts cause this?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I don't think it could be a bad motor mount, but check them just to be sure it only takes a minute. Lift the front up and put it on jack stands and have someone get the car to 40-60 and recreate the problem, then you can watch and listen to see what is going on.

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
A vibration that starts at a certain speed and then goes away at a higher speed(meaning you can drive thru the vibration) is usually related to wheel balancing.
That is where I would start.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A vibration that starts at a certain speed and then goes away at a higher speed(meaning you can drive thru the vibration) is usually related to wheel balancing.
That is where I would start.
That was already addressed, so I know that's not the issue.

·
Administrator
24,972 Posts
Have you verified the engine is centered correctly and there is no mount damage.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Was going to suggest engine centering myself, especially if the vibration occurs turning right, but goes away left. It would suggest the passenger driveshaft is binding, so I would check that.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
and possibly a sagging motor mount too, yes a motor mount can cause a viberation(drone through the whole car) and be sided while turning. check the mounts as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts