Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vin sticker on my door is blank of any numbers, has any one ever seen this before? Can they fade out over time?

·
Administrator
24,120 Posts
I have never seen the door sticker fade however...
All of the VIN ID #'s the factory had placed on the individual body parts on my car have all faded so they are no longer legible and the "speedometer replaced at "***" miles sticker the dealer put on the door before I bought the car is nothing more than a blank white sticker now.

Anything that is exposed to sunlight/chemicals can/will fade over time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
There are a couple of places online that can reproduce VIN labels but it seems they only sell to "Authorized Collision Repair" places. IDK, maybe they'd make an exception for an older car that's being restored if they're capable of doing it...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is pretty bad too. I asked around about the date written on mine because I thought it might have been a special one-of-a-kind thing. I was assured that these things fade, and the PO was probably trying to retain info by writing it on.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,120 Posts
I have not looked at my Door Label in 20+ years so I do not know if it is faded or not.
Next time I am out I will take a look.
Considering she has lived outside for 29+ years and the door jambs get washed everytime the car is washed...

·
Administrator
24,120 Posts
i have not looked at my door label in 20+ years so i do not know if it is faded or not.
Next time i am out i will take a look.
Considering she has lived outside for 29+ years and the door jambs get washed everytime the car is washed...
thumbnail (4).jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts