Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
If you are looking for an OE replacement...

LUK was the manufacturer for the TBI cars and Sach's was the manufacturer for the Turbo Cars.

Right now I have a Mopar replacement in my car that has been in there for 25 years and that includes numerous 1/4 runs.
I have a Sach's clutch kit sitting in my closet waiting for the day I need to replace the one in the car. (Hoping that day never comes)
Do not know if it is still available Sach's #K70067-03.
The part # listed in the Sach's catalog is now K0066-07, they say it fits all turbo cars from 84-90.

https://aftermarket.zf.com/remotemedia/pdfc-media/pdfc-files/pdfc-downloads-1/2017-2/pdfc-zf-clutchkit-application.pdf

Both are 9" clutch disc's, did they change the part #???

You cannot go wrong with either manufacturer, Sach's or LUK.

Just an FYI...
According to the FSM the VNT flywheel is a tapered surface and cannot be machined.

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
do you need big spline or small spline

I think I still have some of the old cancer discs - turbo sizes - small spline , pre 89 material, used ones

·
Premium Member
315 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't taken the clutch off yet waiting to lift the eng but i thought i read somewhere that they could machine match the the taper, not possible?

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts

·
Administrator
24,135 Posts
I have (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!) 25 years and 140,000 miles on my replacement clutch and the mileage does not tell the real story.
From 2012-2018 It took me 20-25 minutes to make a 4 mile trip get home everyday, traffic was always bumper to bumper and I was on/off the clutch 150 times in one trip.

·
Legendary Driver
10,891 Posts
It's all in how you drive the clutch. Some people slip the snot out of it. You can drive in traffic every day and not lose a clutch. Heck I drove in L.A. traffic for a month without a working clutch at all when the slave cylinder broke off the firewall. I even parallel parked the car numerous times. I've seen an old lady burn the clutch out of a mudstain in 30 seconds. I prefer a "racier" clutch and only want to do the job once. So I get the lightest one that'll handle the most torque I can and never go back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts