1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my old Vnt and am installing new. My old turbo had silicone on
oil return hookup and no flange gasket. Should there be an 0-ring on the
oil return where it bolts to the turbo, and was there supposed to be a
flange gasket and where can I find these? I already have nos hoses.
I have an o-ring that looks like it may work from a gasket kit that I had, and
I was going to fab an aluminum flange gasket if needed. Thanks for any help.
Also if anybody has a good turbine shaft and heat shield I could fix my old
vnt for a spare.

·
Registered
248 Posts
there should be a rubber o-ring on the tube and because there is only one bolt that holds ithe tube on you have to make sure the flange is flat and not bent from over tightening.I don't think silicone is a good idea because if some gets inside and blocks the tube you could be replacing your turbo sooner then you want.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it impossible to get a simple VNT question answered anymore? Thanks for your help
about the o-ring. Where can I find one and should this Turbo have a flange gasket
between the turbo and the exhaust manifold? This is a simple question. Does anybody
know??????????? Guess if you have a VNT anymore you are left in the dark, no wonder
everybody ditches them. I would hate to convert on a car that is one of 30 built.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They don't come stock with a gasket and you shouldn't need one unless for some reason the exhaust manifold or exhaust compressor flange is warped wich I can't see happening.I've never used a gasket on any of my vnt's.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for your help. I have noticed a lot of people on here with VNT
cars are in Canada????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just use it. Put some super glue in the oil line and scotch tape it to the block. Use three tubes of silicone if needed. Where can I get a Flux Capacitor?:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts