658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do an expiriment and mate a T03 .48stock intake housing to
a Vnt-25 center housing and exhaust side. Benefit Vnt exhaust side
quick spool and more boost/hp with T03 intake housing and compressor
wheel. I would fabicate an adapter plate to mate the t03 housing to
the Vnt center section and make a sleeve for the compressor wheel with
the bigger dia to fit on the smaller Vnt shaft. I have all the parts except
a vnt exhaust turbine/shaft. I need a good or bad shaft to experiment.
Will pay for shipping, or buy good used shaft if anybody has one. Also
need heat shield. What do you think? Could this work??? I know that
this is basically how a S60 Vnt is built? Why not? If you are going to tell
me to convert to a TII that is not exactly the answer I am looking for.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i like the way you are thinking:thumb:I just got a 90 VNT C/S and as you probobly know there aren't a lot of those so my plans are to keep it a VNT. I was also wondering about this and if I had a spare turbo I would send it to you. I'll keep an eye out for the parts you are looking for as I am very interested in this.:fingersx:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, that is a sweet car. A friend of mine had one, he regrets getting rid of it.
I just talked to him earlier and he was telling me how fast his car was, he told me
about a time when he was coming back from Tucson to Phx doing 140mph and still had
2000 rpm left on the tack. Bad news when he got off the freeway he went a few miles
down the road and blew a head gasket. No worries he fixed it before the next morning.
I just picked up a set of 16" C/S pumpers for my Shadow today. Do you need caps?
I have 4 in decent shape, except for each one is missing one tang. I know what you
mean about keeping the Vnt on such a rare car, mine is 1 of 30 Competion package
Shadows made in 1990. If you go on Exterior, p-body thread you can see pics of my
car, about page 4 or 5. I have the exhaust side of my spare turbo looking like new,
I am just waiting to find an exhaust impeller to move forward, I can fab the heat shield.
Nice to see somebody else showing interest. I would be happy to do a few if it worked
out. I even have a connection to get them balanced, within walking distance from my
work bench to the balance room.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
the VNT shaft is turned down real thin, and other than where it is turned down it is still much smaller. What the VNT needs is a extrude honed turbine and a real turbine shaft, then get the S60 or stock housing. In the end If I was building a VNT and wanted to keep it VNT, I would buy TUs tube header with a powerstroke VNT connection. Then run a big VNT off the Ford. Because even after you get the bigger compressor and all the other better flowing parts the VNT exhaust side will boost creep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts