Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used the SRT-4 intercooler in a lebaron?

Here are some mock-up (zip-ties, one clamp...) pics - tell me what ya think :D

And yes, this is where I'm rebuilding the 'baron ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
please tell me that the engine stand is not being used as a jack stand :eek: Do yourself a favor and invest in a real set of jack stands if you don't have them before tha car falls on you and you die a horrible death. :error:

edit: nevermind, I see the jack stand on that side. It just looks like the engine stand is holding up the car in the photo.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
me? or 87danceOnyou?

I got mine on ebay - it was listed as an srt-4, but it's just a copy. Was $150, looks great, and is built very well. :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It is not a stock SRT intercooler. It does look good, but it's not a stock SRT one. I have 2 of them, one in my SRT and one going in my wife's Daytona

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, nope - just trying to lock up my engine stand.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i know lol - "isn't that a lebaron?"

and about the impact rating -

the car's been in a fender-bender before, so things barely line up as it is. If I ever get in some sort of wreck, I'm not going to pay to have it fixed anyways.
As long as I'm ok, I'll just buy another shell from one of the kind TD-selling guys on here :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is a cool setup, I just came in from trying to figure out how to re mount my Ford IC on the drivers side of my GLH, then i got frustrated thought Id look at some ideas on here, If only I had "Lebaron" room on the front of the Omni. might have to get one of those e bay srtcopy ICs and find a way....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
at first it looked impossible to route around everything...

...so.. just throw everything out that's in the way - lot's of room :D

and - DON'T TAILGATE!! lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just painted the engine bay flat black, along with the inner headlight shrouds and grille.

definitely lets that IC stand out - I'll have to post pics later

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my school - that spot is where i do EVERYTHING! lol

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I like the missing blinker! Good for .0001 HP in weight savings?? Probably wont equal the 125$ fine for "operating an unsafe vehicle". Dont want to rain on your parade, but I would reinstall the blinker if I were you!! Nice looking IC though...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wasn't going for the 'one blinker' look man :) i took it out when i was arranging the pipe behind it. But don't dispair - it will go back on ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts