Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current best in my T2/a555 Omni is a 13.7 @ 103 with a 2.2 60' (I've hit many 2.1's though), and this was the only pass I've made for low ET (I was racing in a bracket event dialed in at 14.0, and I was trying to break out anyways).

Current mods are: FWD LM, Warlbro 255, turbo and IC/rad setup from a Daytona, AFPR, 20% injectors, poly motor mounts, solid tranny mount, mandrel bent intake, 3" mandrel exhaust w high flow cat & no muffler, and minor port/polish on the intake/exhaust/turbo, pushing 15 PSI and 18* of timing on 104 octane. She recently put down 202 HP and 243 '/lbs @ 14 PSI, 12* timing and 91 octane. The car weighs in at 2,400, and has original shocks :laugh:

So with some KYB's, slicks, and maybe a little more boost, do you think I could hit a 12?

·
Registered
295 Posts
MPH is a pretty good indicator of HP to weight ratio...my old Duster bracket car ran 13.0's @ 101+ mph. I would think you're making almost enough HP now, given a FWD's disadvantages. So, yeah I think a couple more pounds boost and some good slicks would put you right there.
Way to go!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Bigger IC and more boost. Stiffen up all suspension, poly bushings in the A-arm pivots also. Any kind of LSD? Launch at about 5k with good DOT's.

And remember we're at altitude in Denver:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
And remember we're at altitude in Denver:D[/QUOTE]

So he ran 13.70 at Denver? That must be pretty close to the 12's at sea level!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No LSD, I'm trying to keep the stock T2 intercooler, and I'm hoping that the KYB's will stiffen it up enough (I'm broke with two broken turbo cars)

Yeah, that was in Denver with a corrected altitude > 7,000'

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
No LSD, I'm trying to keep the stock T2 intercooler, and I'm hoping that the KYB's will stiffen it up enough (I'm broke with two broken turbo cars)

Yeah, that was in Denver with a corrected altitude > 7,000'
You don't need a LSD with slicks, I've been running 11's for years with no LSD. I tried one this year, don't think it made any diff (other than the burn box) but I do feel a little better going after 10's with it in there. :D IMO 105 mph + slicks is good enough to get you there, so 18 psi boost, keep the I/C cool and launch the H*#! out of it and you should be good. :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone think I should upgrade to a T3/T4 turbo? I'd prefer not to, and from everything I've read the T3 is enough for what I have planned, but I figured it was worth asking

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The garret should be fine as long as you've got a 2.5" or 3" swingvalve and get yourself some slicks that will really bring your times down and improve your consistancy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Get some slicks and you should be very close. My heavier 87 GLHS ran
[email protected] 103 on 3 1/2 cylinders. A good set of slicks will get the power to the ground. I too want a 12.99 time slip. I've learned slicks are the cheapest cure for a good timeslip at the track no matter what your running.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 2.5" swing valve that goes into a 3" mandrel system through a high flow cat, and exiting in front of the rear tire (total of 3 bends :cool: )

·
Registered
97 Posts
you can do it on the d/r's. my car ran a 12.88 @ 109 the other night, of course i was at rockingham so the alt. is alot different.

i run about 25psi, with c16. have a larger I/C, a mopar stage2 LM, DSM 450's, and an afpr, with some 205/40/15 dr's and i still have a 2.25 sv.

·
Registered
97 Posts
^ just a muffler, i think its a magnaflow. the last time i weighed it i think (not positive) it was around 2500, and the 60ft. was a 1.97.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts