Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1993 Shadow ES needs a new gas tank. It has rust on top, and the thing that fits into the rear of the tank for the fuel level sender is also rusty. It'll leak fuel if I fill it over 2/3 full and / or park facing uphill.

So aside from the tank itself I need one of those fuel level sender things too.

This has been going on since February, and it's time to fix it.

Local junkyards want more than half what it would cost for me to just go and buy a NEW gas tank, and I'm far too cheap for that.

It should be in the Pittsburgh, PA area so I can come and get it.

What other cars have gas tanks that will interchange with a Shadow / Sundance / Duster? How about Spirits and Acclaims and Daytonas?

·
Registered
230 Posts
My 1993 Shadow ES needs a new gas tank. It has rust on top, and the thing that fits into the rear of the tank for the fuel level sender is also rusty. It'll leak fuel if I fill it over 2/3 full and / or park facing uphill.

So aside from the tank itself I need one of those fuel level sender things too.

This has been going on since February, and it's time to fix it.

Local junkyards want more than half what it would cost for me to just go and buy a NEW gas tank, and I'm far too cheap for that.

It should be in the Pittsburgh, PA area so I can come and get it.

What other cars have gas tanks that will interchange with a Shadow / Sundance / Duster? How about Spirits and Acclaims and Daytonas?
there was a new one on ebay for like 80.00.....You can order them from advance, I got a decent one from there. I painted it and then sprayed it with undercoating before the install......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts