Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for an 80's 2.2 reliant. i curently drive a subaru impreza an my friends have an 87 2.2 daytona and an 87 2.2 csx and i want something to keep up hahaha. i would like it to be 5 spd in decent condition dosent have to be perfect. please help willing to travel out of state but not far.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As far as i know, most if not all the Reliants came with auto transmissions, so any one you get would need a trans swap. I have a nice clean 86 lebaron K (same as reliant and aires)convertable that id be willing to sell. you would need to convert it to turbo but it will make a nice fun td that your buddies will get a kick out of. and in the summer, put the top down and turn the BOOST up!!

If this is your first TD, a word of warning, be prepared to do your own work on your car often.
these cars can be rewarding to own, but like any 20 year old car, they will need a good deal of TLC. your friends can vouch for this.

good luck and welcome to the world of TD.

Seth

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooo i know they need work we are at the present time in the proccess of rebuilding the csx and spent good part of last year redoing the whole suspension on the daytona and i seem to be tho only one free to help them out. i want an already turboed dodge because i am building up my subaru and i dont want to have to spend a ton of money on just a turbo for another car. but thank you very much any ways

·
Registered
193 Posts
5-spd K-cars are rare but do exist

I want one too !
i figured there were some out ther somewhere, but the only ones iv seen were swaps. I bet rare is an understatement, probably super rare.

anyone have any pics of some factory 5spds curious what they look like inside?

Seth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts