Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someday I want to build a Phantom R/T convertable clone. I would like to get my hands on a southern RED 91 or 92 LeBaron. I would like it to have a good BLACK top and be rust free and never been wrecked. Dark drey interior would be a plus also. I know im pretty picky about these things but this is exactly what I am looking for. The things im not so picky about is if it has a drivetrain or not. It could be a 2.5 or 3.0 and a 5spd or auto. That stuff dont matter. I have a car trailor and can pick it up anywhere in the country. This dont have to be any time soon as I have ALOT of projects already. Just want to throw it out there if anyone has something like this or ever happens to run into one. Thanks in advance guys:thumb:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I wan't to do the same thing with my 89 in the future. A phantom r/t vert would be awsome. Look on ebay just type in lebaron theres usually always 5-6 j body barons for sale

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a white 88 but I want either 91 or 92 cause Spirit R/T harness will be plug and play. I like the 90+ interior better anyhow.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
There is a 93+ red one with a red top in Bridgeport Connecticut at a used car dealer. Red looks HOT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet it looks good but I want one with the hid away headlights:thumb:

I figure a red one with RED powdercoated Pumpers and a TIII will go with my red Spirit with red Pumpers and red 91 Daytona Shelby with a TIII. I like red

·
Banned
44 Posts
wow there is one idk what year it is but the color is exactly that. dont think it is for sale tho but i see it drive down the road sometimes

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I bet it looks good but I want one with the hid away headlights:thumb:

I figure a red one with RED powdercoated Pumpers and a TIII will go with my red Spirit with red Pumpers and red 91 Daytona Shelby with a TIII. I like red
I meant to tell you I drove by it a few weeks ago and it has the hide away lights. Looks very clean!

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
I'll have a 94 that i'll sell to you cheap. You could convert it to hide away lights. Interior's good, has a black top, but needs a new one. unfortuately. And it's red.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hiya-- if you're still looking for one, I've found two in southeast Nebraska (Seward County, just west of Lincoln). Herpolsheimer's C-J-D in Seward has a red 92, V-6, auto, digital dash, rebuilt trans and reletively new top. It runs very good, doesn't appear to have any rust, leather interior in pretty good shape. The hood and decklid have messed up clear coat; the interior needs a good cleaning and minor fixing of plastic bits. They're asking $1500 and will probably go down-- but they won't take $1000 (I tried). Their number is (402) 643-3608. Another red 90-92 is in Milford at Bob's Automotive; it is in far worse shape, but doesn't appear to be a rust bucket. I don't know the exact condition or even if it is for sale, but it was in their side lot of quasi-junkers. Their number is (402) 761-2090.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
If only mine was 2 years older lol.

I saw one at Austins autos. I can go look at it for you. Not sure of the year though. Was red with a black top. Probably a 90-92 though. I think those are more common.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
I've got a MINT body 94 red convert with new black top and a 1992 convert you can use for parts. the 92 has slave CD unit. both cars have 3.0 604... $1000 firm for the pair. located in central, wi.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Jackson, I think I found a really good convertible top for your '88. It was heavily snow covered, but it wasn't torn where they usually do... I think the yard charges $150 for one... a little steep, but if its mint, well worth it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i have a 92 red real good paint perfict black top dark grey black int. le baron with a blown up v6 3.0 auto clear title just has a 4in scratch dent on door for sale cheep

·
Registered
7 Posts
1992 Red Lebaron GTC Convertible w/grey leather interior and a black top

Hi, I have a 1992 bright Red Lebaron GTC Convertible w/grey leather interior and a black top. we bought this car brand new in 1992, it has never been wrecked, still has the original paint, it runs and drives great, it has been completly mainained, it has a newer top and brand new tires. you can drive it home anywhere. it has the 3.0 engine, working air conditioning, new steering rack and new brakes. the car is in great condition overall. a true California one owner red Lebarnon GTC convertible with absolty zero rust. If your looking for a great car to start with call me with your best cash offer. Thanks, Tony - 650-348-8269

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
I don't know if he's still looking. This thread's from 2007

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
He found an A568 2.5 t1 5 speed GTC and is gonna use that

1 - 20 of 29 Posts