Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
I built the pool and spa at the comfort inn in Lacey and it flooded and stranded me there for 2 weeks.

Otherwise the PNW SDAC club in Portland, gets together once a month. Joe Anderson lives in Seattle and can also network you to others. My and a few others are on the east side in Spokane area.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f26/227362-any-info-rare-csx-has-anybody.html

Joe has a few Shelbys, I bought the very first Dodge off the line to ever become a # car from him. My 86 GLHS

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
Do you Spokane guys ever have events? Couple hours is all it takes for me to get there.
I take my wife to Couer d'Alene to watch pro boxing often also. Be easy to do a meet-up one of these times.

turbo glh omni, if a decent GLHT comes up for sale at a reasonable price in Spokane you better move on it quick. I monitor the Spokane craigslist pretty close and... well my second sentence applies. :D

Is it anyone here selling the 91 Shadow that's listed? A Russ heading off to the Air Force. Ad makes it sound like a nicely built unit.
Russels 91 shadow is an auto trans convertable ES car. But one door is wipped out so it doesn't look that hot. The car has a 3 bar map computer that works great based off of a MP computer. The car also has a Garret and a Cummins front mount intercooler. I believe it runs high 13s on street tires, a little faster than me and Jay were going in the K cars.

The best show is the Silverwood show. And they seem to love turbo Dodges. You buy the ticket to get the car in for $25 and that includes 2 tickets into the park all day. Screaming deal, so you park the car, go look around and off into the park lol.

.:: Excelerator V : Import & Sport Compact Car Show ::.

We also have a modest little Mopar show we invade every year too. This year we have an NHRA legal track!!!!!!!!!! So Mopars will be dropping by this year to race I'm sure. Hope my wagon is ready for bracket racing.

I got best Domestic trophy but got best Domestic other in the list on the award page.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f27/191514-excelerator-car-show.html

So there are so TD people around here. Also look up the PNW-SDAC as well for NW shows.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
Thought I'd chime in here. I'm in Pullman, WA. I used to go to the PNW-SDAC meetings but right now it's hard to justify 12 hours of driving.
Later,
Austin
There seams to be a growing number of people with these in Spokane. We need to be hitting the Mopar shows at least:)

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
GLHnSLH and I are going to be exchanging hoods. ;)
That explains a lot. I got a real GLH turbo a year ago that the origanal owner pulled the hood to make it look more like a sleeper. Jay told me if I came up with a perfect hood that I could have it. Then a while back he started trying to convince me that the hood on the GLH was not perfect and dented. So while he was here I told him to show me where the damage was on the hood as it is perfect. The fenders however next to the hood have been hit slightly and aren't straight.

Finding these things is a problem more than paying for one because people always keep GLHT hoods for Horizons. Making the GLHT very hard to restore. O well I can make one out of a Shelby Charger hood but it cost a $1,000.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
We really should have a Spokane area meet.
The accelerator car show is a good one at silverwood, more fun than driving this far to a Mopar show. The Mopar show is nice to show the TDs directly though. Other shows in Seattle would be good too. We do have an NHRA legal track this summer and we have autocross every month. In fact there is autocross this weekend in Deer Park, the old air port no doubt. I plan on going and taking the 87 GLHS.:)

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
there is E85 at the Texaco here in Spokane on the north side, so you can get filled up there. Haven't been by it in a while though..

Autocross was great fun this weekend. 68 cars on Sunday and 64 cars on Saturday. They seem to be combining the Tri city's autocross with the Spokane group making for a lot more cars. I drove the 87 GLHS, stock with a MP stage 2 and 2.5 straight pipe. It is a rocket on top end. Punched off with the Evo 8 down the street that has just exhaust and air cleaner mods, walked him no problem at all. Then my worker has a 05 STi with turbo forward $400 air intake (LMAO) and a flashed computer, walked him on the way home from autocross. At autocross? MASSIVE wheel spin everywhere and the suspension is old and tired so I got 3rd place blah. MR2 turbos with 255 width Hoosiers are very fast lol. Another race is in 2 weeks they said.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
oh, AutoX for a weekend I don't have my kids. Doh, too bad I broke my axle and now there's no engine or tranny or front suspension in the car anymore. New yorker needs tranny mods, new bushings and a real alignment before it thinks of any kind of racing.

I can do the trans when you get parts. But getting some mods done soon is a must before it eats it self up. External oil filter, the pressure mod, shift kit and govener spring. A guy out there races his Volvo wagon, he needs NY comp :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
All the other Spokane people have gotten suddenly quiet.. :) Come on guys, I'd say put up or shut up, but you already shut up, so speak up!
I would like to mention auto cross this weekend at the Deer Park air port on the 17th sunday. I plan to run the newest addition the CSX-T. Cheap and open to noobs! They got photos of my spin too lol I'll have to post them.:)

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
the 2 cones in the first photo I was supposed to go through lol.

so that was my spin that started at about 7,000 RPM in second lol.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
BTW those aren't the shinny C2 wheels, those are my C1 wheels as there tires are better.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
we also have our winter octocross or Rallycross here every winter, 3 days I believe. In 2" I was chicken last year lol.

there is a Rally just south of Spokane every year but I can't find it..

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
I've been working on a 2.0 97 Neon DOHC with 210,000 miles. Well it had one dead cylinder so I pulled the head for a head gasket.

The head gasket is the MLS, not blown. Then I took the head off. I tell people the old 2.2 lifters need to be changed like the first gen Neon, but never have seen this. One weak exhaust lifter caused on of the exhaust valves and port side to fill completely with carbon! Then all of the exhaust poored out one valve till it burned and leaked. Unreal, never seen that before.

As it turns out I have a whole early good 2.4 DOHC head for my days wanting a hybrid that was complete to swap on. The owner is letting me keep the nice 2.0 cams for the SRT 4 engine for the wagon. The header is broke so I am adding a long tube Ebay header in place of it. What a PITA to change a timing belt, better just drop the engine..

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
need to have Jay come take a few photos maybe, my camera is out of town on vacation without me.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
don't eat the fish though, I've found 2 cats with 24 toes living near the river :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
yeah we should have a get together. Joe's parrents live here and there are folks in Montana and Canada intrested. I have 8 cars at my house so it looks like meeting already lol. Jays new place is cool though and is off the road a little.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
how about Leavenworth if you want more the middle. At least going somewhere, Wetsnatchy isn't very fun, I work there building pools often. Chelan is also near Leavenworth too, one of if not the prettiest lakes in the world.

There are turbo Dodge people in Montana too, coming to Spokane is a big city lol. There is camping at Silverwood as well for something to do here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.