Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

1984 Dodge Rampage, 2.2L, 5spd man, no A/C.

Just got my old Holley removed from the Rampage last night, and new Weber 32/36 DFEV from weberdirect came in this morning. Should be able to get the throttle/choke linkage worked out from information provided in previous threads. My current questions concern vacuum routing, as the weber only provides a connection for fuel and a single vacuum source to spark control computer.

1) How do I provide vacuum to brake booster (vac line was on backside of holley)?

2) Consensus is to brass plug CCEGR valve. This means that Weber conversion has effectively disrupted EGR function, correct? Just plug vac. lines and leave EGR on? Haven't found a block-off plate for 2.2 motors.

3) Is fuel vapor charcoal canister now inoperational as the weber has no bowl vent? Is this a big deal? what about the line from fuel tank to canister, just plug it?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
146 Posts
what kind of holley did you have on it and yes the charcoal can is now out of the loop. Ive done the same conversion on my 86 horizon 2.2L. I didnt have to worry about the brake booster. The line was hooked up on the intake for the brake booster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holley 5220 non-feedback. Maybe I'm mistaken on the brake booster, I'll have to look again tonight. I will just plug the CCEGR valve on thermostat housing (anyone know the size/thread off hand?), and fuel tank vent line as well I suppose.

thanks guys,
Sam

Anyone know what the two-wire round sensor to the drivers side of the radiator is?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yea the brake booster gets it vaccum from the back of the intake. The sensor you speak of is the coolant temp sensor I do believe. dont quote me lol

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Here are some pics of how I handled the EGR issue on my car.

On the vent line from the tank to the canister, I initially plugged it. However, doing so didn't allow any pressure to escape the tank, and on hot days I was seeing gas seeping out the gas cap from the pressure building up. Leave it open, I ran a vac hose line off it to the fender well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
you need the holley 6520 base plate as that has the brake booster 90 degree port and no you dont need the fuel vapor line, but dont cap it, that also vents the tank, the only vac line you will need is the spark advance computer, the EGR on turismo is blocked off by a block off plate that i made and a new gasket, works like a champ LOL

on another please do not drill and tap the intake manifold runner as you will be taking air from that cylinder and cause it to run rich

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Anyone know what the two-wire round sensor to the drivers side of the radiator is?
thats the secondary temp sensor for the computer to run the cooling fan at certain intervals other than a hot engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts