Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm gonna be removing the 12 button navigator from my daytona because it no longer works. In its place I'm gonna cut and bolt up a nice sheet of brushed aluminum with 3 holes for gauges. I'm gonna be using a fuel pressure gauge in one of the slots but I dont know what to put in the other two holes. I will probably not know how to hook up the gauges you guys know about and I'd appreciate any advice in hooking them up. and If someone could tell me the top 5 aftermarket gauges people put in their cars that would be AWESOME! thanks!

P.s. the car already has the stock boost gauge.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Stock fuel pressure is 55psi static, meaning with the FPR unplugged. Fuel pressure rises for every lb of boost and lowers 1psi for every 2" of vacuum applied.

Aftermarket boost gauge, wideband O2 sensor and exhaust gas temperature gauges would be a good idea.

· Registered
686 Posts
It really depends on what kind of performance levels you're looking to achieve.

If you're keeping it under 15 psi, I'd keep the stock boost gauge (assuming it works smoothly). Just open it up and gently reclock it so it reads as close to 0 psi as possible when disconnected. For a really trick look, I'd actually remove the stock boost gauge from your info center and fab in the Autometer GS full sweep electric Boost/Vac gauge #3859. It's pricey, but sweet.

This would leave you three free spaces up top. I'd also put Autometer GS gauges up there. The font and color matches nicely with the stock '89 interior... looks really nice.

For the gauges - based on your first post I'd run their Wideband O2 #3878 or #3870(not yet available), EGT/Pyro #3845 and Fuel Pressure #3863. The fuel pressure gauge is electric, so no fuel enters the cabin. If it were me, I'd prefer to run Oil Pressure #3853 instead of fuel pressure, but it's your car, not mine.

Good luck. Post pics when complete. Hooking everything up is not rocket science. If you need assistance, just post in the forum.

· Registered
686 Posts
I wont put the fuel pressure gauge inside the car but I want to know why I shouldnt?
Any pressurized fluid gauge (oil, fuel) that has a hard line to the system being monitored would cause a really dangerous mess if the line inside the cabin were to spring a leak. Worse... imagine you were in a bad accident. Do you really want a pressurized fuel line behind your dash?

The fuel pressure gauge I referenced is electrical. Pressurized fuel stays in the engine bay and the gauge is operated off an electrical signal. Much safer.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey man that setup is SWEET did you make that insert for the gauges yourself or did you buy it? I may just do that type of setup and just eliminate the navigator with black plastic. That looks a lot cleaner than what I imagined.

· Registered
2,667 Posts
NO NO NO NO Fuel pressure gauge in side CAR PLEASE
only if its a creepy

some of them dont run the gas lines into the car.. but they send a signal to the gauge to display the pressure reading inside the car even though the actual reading is taking place under the hood.

· Premium Member
10,205 Posts
If you are planning on hopping the car up, then the three I would suggest would be an air/fuel ratio gauge (a wideband o2 sensor setup would be best here) Fuel Pressure gauge (get one with an electronic signal) and either a quality boost gauge or EGT gauge (you have to install an egt sensor and it's various devices for this)

Many people don't trust the oil pressure gauge on the dash, so if you decide to drop the boost gauge or EGT idea ths would ideally be the best second option.

· Registered
38 Posts
I have a similar setup. Used the autometer 3 hole plate, attached with longish 10-32 screws to the navigator so both units remove as one. Also, installed angled gauge rings afterwards to aim the gauges a little more at the driver. Air fuel, boost, oil pressure was my choice.

· Administrator
26,467 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.