Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know what the odds for this car to be a TIII? all i know about it from what i see is it's the latest style daytona and it is a turbo car. it is a 5 speed, has vented rear rotors. it has been sitting here for a few weeks now and i'd like to have it. i had a spirit R/T but sold it last year and love it. i'd like to have another TIII car. i put a note on it asking if they would like to sell it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
does it have the hideous "IROC Daytona" stickers on the doors or the R/T medallion? If it has the R/T emblem, it's a TIII. If it doesn't, it's not.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it have the hideous "IROC Daytona" stickers on the doors or the R/T medallion? If it has the R/T emblem, it's a TIII. If it doesn't, it's not.
no it dosn't have any stickers on it what so ever. i think i may havr beed painted before. and the stickers were never put back on.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the breaks are what got me thinking. i'm not sure on the daytonas but i was thinking if it was a tI it would have nonvented rotors. and i didn't think they had any tII's in the latest style

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
could be a v6...
Did you look at the speedo and see if you saw a boost gauge?

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Thats shelby daytona only though IIRC. The regular t1 tonas did not recieve the 11" brakes.
My 89 GTC also has 11" brakes but it was GTC only

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did a little research, if it's not a TIII it's a 2.5 TI witch is a vary rare car. only 230 produced.
i know it's a turbo. unless someone has a turbo gauge cluster in it.
ether way it's sad because it's a bit ruff around the edges the fender is all dented up with bondo cracking out of it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
well if you like it try and buy it and give it a better life. In all honesty it's alot more likely it is a T-III , as they made more of them than the T-1's. Either one will be a strong car. Even if it's the T1, it's the high torque motor. Also, it's from the last years of Daytonas and something I've learned from Porsche mentality is "alaways buy the latest car you can afford, cause it's the best."

·
Registered
401 Posts
hey omni, whats up. long time. i still have the r/t but it spun a rod bearing. which one went bad on you? I'm about to start a progress thread, if you're interested, read more there.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
160mph speedo in the R/T, obviously look in and see the cluster. also if nothing else stick your head underneath and see look in the front, the TIII intake manifold is hard to miss., doesnt look like a TI, it hangs over the front of the block and the IC piping would be totally different

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i met up with the guy today and and it wasn't a TIII:(
it's a 2.5 tI, and it is in bad shape. the TPS wasn't even hooked up, it was over boosting like hell and lots of parts were loose or missing. it's a sad sad thing. it looked to me like it was ready for the scrap yard. it was a 92, too bad for a rare car.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey omni, whats up. long time. i still have the r/t but it spun a rod bearing. which one went bad on you? I'm about to start a progress thread, if you're interested, read more there.
whats up, man i hate to hear that. it was the #1 before. i wonder if it had any thing to do with the arp rod bolts. i used the same crank but it was machined, i put a different rod in it. i think i may have a extra tII crank virgin if you want it i'll have to look though.

oh, i found some stuff that go's to that car. but i'll have too refind it again:rolleyes: i'll send you a pm when i find it.

i about got my omni going. it has a srt 4 motor in it. if you want to see it's in the 16v section

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
should still get it, nice car to drive
well i'd love to have it and with some time and money i could make it a nice car again. i kind of want to too because its a rare duck and i like that late style daytona. but he wanted way way to much for it and i have 5 cars right now and it's just 1 more to spend money on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts