Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help, I recently had the A413 in my 'baron replaced by a mechanic that I trusted, Rumors are now floating around that he or his moron son just stuck in a N/A transmission despite my insistence that the replacement tranny absolutely HAD to be from a turbo car. It don't shift as tightly as I remember and its sluggish to shift when I jam on the gas It also feels like a lockup. Is there any way to tell with the transmission in the car is its the proper A413. If I can prove this transmission isn't what I was told it was I'm going to beat my former buddy with the valve body and use his blood for tranny fluid.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
if it has a lockup would be a good start. a413 has no lockup
just cruse at around 50 with the tranny warmed uo then keep your foot on the gas and lightly tap the braks and watch your tach if it jumps them drops bam lockup and beat and blood

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
3.0 acclaim said:
if it has a lockup would be a good start. a413 has no lockup
just cruse at around 50 with the tranny warmed uo then keep your foot on the gas and lightly tap the braks and watch your tach if it jumps them drops bam lockup and beat and blood
you are sooooo far off. if you have a lockup trans it will have a yellow connector right by the trans dipstick. if your car did not have a lockup transmission an you install a lockup transmission, your lockup transmission will NOT lockup. this is because there is no electrical connector. so by leaving the lockup connector off, the lockup will not function. the A413 transmission could have lockup or be a non-lockup depending on year and application. prior to 1986 all 413 transmissions were non lockup. after 1986 the non-turbo cars got a lockup torque.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help!!! Shel, is that documented anywhere? I want to have solid proof that they owe me another tranny install. At this point I am so frustrated that I'm thinking of buying a manual trans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts