Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a t3/t4 50trim on a 2.2t2 ported head running 14psi and just the lag is sad, base timming is set at 12, what tricks can I do to bring it in sooner? I am not worried about the top end. higher rpm's much becasue it pulls hard past redline

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Check the cam timing it may be off. If you triple check it and its is correct, then just advance the cam a couple deg's as that shifts the powerband lower in the rpm range and helps spool.

Also if your rich during spool then leaning it out there will help

Then just making the motor flow better will reduce spool up time, so ported head, ported intake and exhaust, full 3" exhaust, ect..

Is your car a auto or 5spd? What size exhaust housing on your turbo? and What stage exhaust wheel?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure on the stage wheel
but exh is a .63
intake is a .60
i have a 555 trans
ported head, well ported infact, but stockl valves
the timming is on 100% within 1 deg I would say because my head has been plained about 20thous.

I do have the mopar performance offset cam keys in teh shed so I may try advancing it to 2deg BTDC and give it a try, I am running a open 2.5" down pipe only 2 foot long at most. intake is ported to match head at gasket surface but otherwise stock intake.
even 1000 rpm sooner spool would be great

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a t3/t4 50trim on a 2.2t2 ported head running 14psi and just the lag is sad, base timming is set at 12, what tricks can I do to bring it in sooner? I am not worried about the top end. higher rpm's much becasue it pulls hard past redline

What exaust housing do you have on the turbo? I have a .48A/R housing (stock) and my 50trim spools up super quick, and I have a bone stock head. I mean it is a 2.5 bored 40 over.......but a 2.2 should use a .48A/R housing cuz the 2.2 already has top end power, the 48 housing will take a little from up top, but increase spool time down low. As on a 2.5 a .63A/R exhaust housing will help it on top end since it has the displacement to spool up a turbo.

Timing has alot to do with it as well

·
Registered
28 Posts
not sure on the stage wheel
but exh is a .63
intake is a .60
i have a 555 trans
ported head, well ported infact, but stockl valves
the timming is on 100% within 1 deg I would say because my head has been plained about 20thous.

I do have the mopar performance offset cam keys in teh shed so I may try advancing it to 2deg BTDC and give it a try, I am running a open 2.5" down pipe only 2 foot long at most. intake is ported to match head at gasket surface but otherwise stock intake.
even 1000 rpm sooner spool would be great

Oh sorry I didn't know you posted your turbo specs yet....but I seriously would try a .48A/R exhaust housing, think it would be what your looking for

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
well what rpm are you getting full boost?

If its a stg3 exhaust wheel it will be a little laggy. Also decking the head changes the cam timing(I think it retards it?) SO I would try advancing the cam 4degrees and see how that works, should be a noticable difference

·
Registered
28 Posts
well what rpm are you getting full boost?

If its a stg3 exhaust wheel it will be a little laggy. Also decking the head changes the cam timing(I think it retards it?) SO I would try advancing the cam 4degrees and see how that works, should be a noticable difference

Well i'm running 10psi right now, and its seeing full boost at 2500......yea I would advance the timing and see how that does. Cuz timing will play a big part in that.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get NO boost at all untill 2500 rpm.
my cam is sitting retarded right now at about 1-2deg. I plan on advancing it to about 2deg BTDC and I'll see if that will get me closer to what I want.

I really don't want to dissasemble a turbo that has less then 5000kms on it sense it was rebuilt. it is a TU turbo, I can contact the person I bough ti off to see what stage wheel it has.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts