Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
First off, where exactly IS the rust? I cant make it out with those pictures. You could either buy replacement sections or parts accordingly to what you need, or if the rust hasnt eaten everything away, you can just dremely the rust off (it's gonna be a mess and a half!) then put some paint over rust to it.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pictures are of the crossmember behind the gas tank. I was thinking about cutting it out and welding i some u-channel. What do you guys think?

Ryan

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the gas tank is out of the car. I'm fixing this because the gas tank straps mount to this cross member. They both let go one day and the tank fell on my driveway. While Im doing this I'm going to do some welding in the floor pan. I took the carpet out and the front of the floor pan is a little scary. It appear that the firewall piece is split from the flooor pan at the seam just in front of the shifter. There is a gap from one side of the car to the other. I had never imagined it's be so bad.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Ok just checking...at least it didn't fall down while you were driving :eek: wow thats too bad about the excessive rust...It makes me wonder how bad mine truely is....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts