Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello umm just looking up tubro kits for the 2.4 umm there is soo much to choose from i dont really know what one to get would this one work ?

----- •T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo Charger: 100% Brand New T3/T4 Hybrid Turbocharger! High Quality Guaranteed! This turbo can easily do 25 PSI, and 500+ hp on b series swaps, standard t3/t4 flange, perfect for any 4-6 cylinder applications. Power performance output capability = 25-35 psi. Cnc machined flanges. High quality t04e with a forged turbine propeller wheel!

Turbo Specification:
-Inlet Diameter: 3"
-Outlet Diameter: 2"
-Oil Inlet: 1/8 NPT
-Compressor Wheel: .57 Trim
-A/R Compressor: .50 A/R
-A/R Turbine: .63 A/R

Turbine wheel:
-Exducer: 2.48"
-Mayor: 2.89"

Compressor wheel:
-Exducer: 2.07"
-Mayor: 2.36"

Intercooler: Light Weight. Size 27'' x 7'' x 2.5'' inch. Inlet size is 2.5 inch.
Support up to 350 hp for this small intercooler size - tube and fin style .

Universal turbo intercooler piping kit: Made of 6061 aluminum.
2.5 inch diameter piping kit with high quality silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps.
The couplers will not split easily + the clamps will not strip like the cheap kind.
Strong & tighter fitting use hair spray between the pipe and coupler.
Mandrel bend for high flow and high horse power and better turbo response power.

JDM Blow Off Valve: Brand New, Light Weight, High Quality CNC Billet Aluminum Type RS Style Blow off Valve and 2.5" Inch Type S/Rs Flange Pipe. Easy Mount Piping Set Included For Bolt-On. Including all necessary hardwares. Our Blow Off Valves Are easily adjustable to prevent both permature boost leakage and compressor surge. Fast Fesponse One For Low And High Boost Pressure. 25PSi Boost! Can hold up to 1000+ HP.

38MM Wastegate: Brand New, High Quality GT-Series 38mm External Waste Gate Kit. The Waste Gate is in accurate boost control and high quality appearance features Dual port design, accurate boost, ultra durable diagram (diaphram). It comes with waste gate spring (fully adjustable, up to 15 psi), allow you to add the spring to get desired high psi.
•Oil Catch Tank: Brand New, Light Weight, High Quality CNC Billet Aluminum JDM Oil Catch Reservior Can Tank.Tig Welded. The kit will ensure better performance and better mileage on your engine. Also it mounts above your valve cover and ensures excess dirt and oil does not get inside your engine. Great upgrade!
5 BOLT STAINLESS STEEL DOWNPIPE:
•100% Brand new 2.5" t3/t4 5-bolt stainless steel TIG welded downpipe. Fits all of our turbo kits that feature a turbocharger with a 5-bolt exhaust housing. This provides a simple starter solution for connecting your turbo's exhaust to your existing exhaust system. The pictured metal composite gasket is included!
CAST IRON TURBO MANIFOLD:

CAST IRON Turbo Manifold .Higher Resistance to Heat. Bolt on Manifold. Fits with t3/t4 hybrid turbos and 35mm/38mm wastegates. Professional Installation Highly Recommended.
Turbo Boost Controller: Brand New, Light Weight, High Quality CNC Billet Aluminum Manual Turbo Boost Controller. Adjustable boost knob increases horsepower and torque, depends on boost level. Allows adjustable boost PSI setting, can be easily mount under the hood.PSI Level: Up To 30 PSi Boost.

Turbo Oil Return / Feeding Line Kit: Brand New, Light Weight, High Quality Turbo Oil Feed + Return Drain Line Kit Combo. It helps circulate oil from the turbo charger to the oil pan. The kit provides a anodized look, and gives a best cooling performance on your turbo and long lasting life.

please let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
hay if i go out and get a srt motor will i need to get a wire harnest ??? or can i just go out and get a aftermarket ecu and rig up the stock wire harnest ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
if you dont want to go super expensive on your build but want to upgrade internals just get a set of stock srt pistons and rods. my buddy has a first gen with a stratus 2.4 with stock srt internals and he was pushing 400hp. make sure that u swap in a set of 2.0 cams they make better power

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
And make sure you use ARP rod bolts on the SRT4 rods, whatever route you go. Around 450hp the stock SRT4 rod bolts let go. With ARP bolts, they'll make almost 600hp..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
sick that pritty cool i did not know the bolts will go after 450hp so if your srt is pushing over 400hp it would be a good idea if you put arp rod bolts in to it ?? i wana spend up to $2200.00 on a srt motor mabie a little more if i have to but i dont wana go over $6500.00 for the hole swap .. but do i need to get the wire harnest for the srt motor or can i ues the stock one with a aftermarket ecu?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I love how much power these little 2.4s can handle...part of the reason I contemplated going from a 2.0 to a 2.4 for my build. I have several friends making 400-450whp on stock internals...no problems. With stage II and very few mods, one friend was making 280/320, which is respective. I

f you're tearing it apart, you might as well invest in a headgasket upgrade, like a Perma Torque or a 5layer DCR (which is a little more $). That way it'll support any big power upgrades in the future. Some ppl think they're overrated, but it's good assurance . just my 2 cents

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ya me to i like the 2.0 stock so i will love the 2.4 TUBRO!!!! but that is not my qustion can you use the stock 2.0l wire harnest or do i have to go out and get a srt wire harnest? if i do a srt swap ?

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
If you do an actual SRT4 motor, the crank sensor is next to the starter, not on the back under the alternator, so that wire has to extended so it'll reach the new location. Also the factory computer can't read the SRT4's "NGC" crank pattern AT ALL. So you need to run MegaSquirt as a standalone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
ok other then that it would be ok to use the stock wire haresnt aslong as i get a MegaSquirt ecu and extended that wire ?

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
Yup. I can only "spoonfeed" you so much, at some point, you'll just have to try to put things together and see what needs to be changed as you go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am putting a stock srt4 turbo in my 98 neon with the 2.0l. I know the manifold and turbo will bold up to the 2.0. I am gonna be running low boost around 5-7 psi. I also am putting the stock srt4 inter cooler on as well. Now as for fuel and ecu I need some good advice as to what I should do. I planned on getting bigger injectors but what else would I need any and all advice is greatly appreciated. If there is anything anyone has to add besides the fuel please feel free thanks.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts

That being said, the rods from a 2gn magnum engine would be o use to your 2.0L turbo project. The magnum rods from the 2.0L are as strong as srt rods, which have been known to hold over 500whp. Going to pull a set tomorrow from the yard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im think about turbo my neon I was always told to just do a motor swap I have a 05 dodge neon need help and which way is better to do turbo it or do a motor swap and wapping the motor where can I get one at

21 - 35 of 35 Posts