Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this intercooler that Siliconeintakes offers:
Heat Exchanger

I've been looking at mostly eBay intercoolers and this seems to be bigger than the side inlet/outlet units that I've been seeing there. eBay has some pretty big ones with side tanks that 'reverse' the air flow but I like this one because the air goes in the bottom and out the top without reversing. The 3.5" thickness is about right and the 19.75"x14.5" core isn't huge but is decent. And having the inlet and outlet on the same side makes installation with A/C a heck of a lot easier.

This looks like an ideal intercooler for our cars. What so you guys think? Is this a good quality unit?

Thanks, Dodgeboy77

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
it is basically a 3 core intercooler if you built it with the old TD ICs.

Bar and plate,, good
total open area enough for 1,000 CFM + ,,, good
same side opening ,,,, good

$150,,,, good

Not many downsides other than 2.5" openings for hybrid people.

· Registered
4,616 Posts
This is the EXACT one I bought!

For pics of the install check out:

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4...tml?highlight=big+daytona+intercooler+install

I have made MUCH more progress since these pictures, its fully piped in now with a BOV and runs. I will take more pictures to show the complete install soon.

I've got about 100 miles on it installed. No problems with the intercooler itself yet at 14psi. I will have a much more in-depth post about the whole install soon.

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Acannell,

Now that I see it hung on the front of your Daytona, I realize that it's a pretty big IC. I want to put it on an '85 Dodge 600. I don't think my hood latch sticks down as far as yours so maybe I wouldn't have to go the hood pin route. Other than that, it looks really good! Nice installation!

Dodgeboy77

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went out to the garage and did some measuring. I believe I would have to do the same cutting as acannell had to do on his Daytona. Hmm. I was hoping for an installation with a bit less surgery. I'll have to think about this. Bikebill77

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.