Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to make this lever do anything lol, my friend I bought the car from doesn't know exactly either.

It's circled here in this picture.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
That leveler enables the ignition switch to be turned completely back ... locking the steering wheel. (safety feature)

·
Registered
287 Posts
That leveler enables the ignition switch to be turned completely back ... locking the steering wheel. (safety feature)
If it is working properly, the key should not come out of the ignition unless it is in that position also. When shutting off the car, you turn back one click. It will not turn back any more unless you push the lever and then turn the key back at the same time. This puts it in the lock position and the key then comes out of the ignition.
Frank H.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It must be broken because the key definitely does not move back any further when i turn the key and push the lever at the same time, oh well. Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Mine is the same way. I have no accessory position, but that really doesn't bother me. When I took apart my column not too long ago to fix a loose steering wheel issue, my friends and I tried to fix it. We determined there was two issues...one being that the housing was cracked, and the other is that is appeared as though there was a part missing. We aren't sure what as none of us had taken a column apart until that point and the FSM SUCKS for that procedure.

We also determined that if you remove the lever that you *might* regain the accessory position. We didn't do it to mine becuase we had it 90% back together when we realized it! LOL

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Ditto! ^ I usually leave the baron so that the key is before the lock (my lever is functional) and just take the key out and when I am in a hurry no need for a key just go =-)
But I can lock my column and turn it to the auxilary position when I push the lever in.
My other barons lever is completely functional.

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
Have had two Daytonas that a key was not need at all! When you have no accessory position the ign switch needs to be adjusted.It's a bi**h to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts