Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anubody has changed the sounds on thier computer.

I have mine set to say on start up :" im completely operational, And my circuts are functioning perfectly" I think it is Hal from 2001

and on shutdown it says; "Inititeating(sp) shut down sequence"- from Star Trak TNG

errors; " O Oh"

Email notice " Message for you sir!" - from Monty Python

and others. What have you done with your sounds?

·
Registered
642 Posts
when computer starts up, it plays the into to marilyn manson's song tourniqute, during an error it plays the "hey" from tool's song aenima, and when shutting down it plays the last part of tool's song schism

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
My startup sound is, I believe, Billy Crystal saying "Hellooooo", and my shutdown sound is from Smokey and the Bandit - Jackie Gleason saying "You son-bi*ches couldn't close an umbrella". :D

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
No sounds at all.

Although I have speakers, they are never turned on.

I think they still work. Dunno.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
When my email comes in, Robin Williams is screaming, "Good Morning Vietnam!"

It still scares the
out of me everytime. :}

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing at startup (yet). But at shutdown it is Eric Cartman (from Southpark) saying, "Screw you guys I'm going home!"

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
T'sPT said:
[B/]But at shutdown it is Eric Cartman (from Southpark) saying, "Screw you guys I'm going home!" [/B]
That's my closer at work as well. On startup at work it's Hal 9000 saying "All systems are functional." For mail it's the "<arrow whiz><thunk!> Message for you sir!" from Monty Python & The Holy Grail.

At home, no startup but Hal 9000 saying "There is a message for you" for mail. Critical errors are punctuated with Sam Kinison's scream.

They change now and then.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Startup--tune from the simpsons.....
email---homer saying....woooo the mail is here....
other misc sounds for the remaining

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
What does my computer sound like?

Just the quiet whirr of a fan, when that gets noisey, I change the fan.

My work computer use to start with the opening from John Phillips Sousa's "Liberty Bell March". You Monte Python fans would recognize that. Then I got a new computer and never bothered updating the "chimes".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts