Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would it take to take my 3.0 out of my daytona and put the 2.5 or 2.2 turbo in their?

·
Registered
238 Posts
i dont know 4 sure... but it should be pretty much a strait forward swap, bellhousing, computer, maybe part of the wireing harness, sensors, and motor mounts.... the mounts and wireing might even be the same..... (but i dont know) also the exhaust is gonna be different.... intake too but thats not as big as exhaust...

·
RIP
1,363 Posts
Z24 said:
what would it take to take my 3.0 out of my daytona and put the 2.5 or 2.2 turbo in their?
What Year Daytona? 92/93 is difficult to find computer/harness to match. If it is a 92/93, the computer and harness must be from a 92 Daytona or Lebaron 2.5 turbo and only about 250 of each were made. 91 and older is much easier to find workable parts.
It can be done. Not easy, Not cheap, especially for the in-experienced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sitting in the 91 daytona right now ive had experience with swapping motors before im dont know everything but thats why im asking becuase daytonas are a new thing to me :D i dont care how long it takes as long as it gets done and i have something to be proud of when im done its more for a learning experience to get to know my car a little better

·
RIP
1,363 Posts
The primary things you will need to get are;
90-91 SBEC (engine computer)
90-91 Engine bay harness (everything from the bulk head connector forward)
2.2 or 2.5 Engine w/all the sensors, front & pass. side Motor Mount Brkts
Auto (A413 for Turbo) or Manual Tranny
Radiator/Intercooler
Aftermarket boost gauge or swap Dash Clusters
Downpipe
Turbo Heat Sheld for Firewall

That should be the major stuff to get you started. I would try to get the SBEC and harness first. The rest is not year/model specific and can be picked up fairly easy from this list or junkyards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mwinkle353 said:
sounds like you'd be better off just putting a turbo in the 3.0L
maybe but like i said i want the learning experience (yes i need some for spelling :p )
and i planned on swapping the trans any ways becuase mines pretty much shot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts