Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be the 87 Charger GLHS.
These cars were sold out of Bayside Dodge in Bayside NY.
I'm just curious, as I have #325, which is the first one they sold.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Haha good luck finding any information about them. All of the TD cars were used and abused to the point of no return so you will be lucky to get a name.

·
Registered
312 Posts
if you knew someone in the service department....and if they're a 5 star dealer (non-5 star dealers databases don't have the search options that the other do, at least not around here), a bit of Nancy Drew work might yield some VIN #s??? I had one of my friends look up the only Iroc TIII they sold in 92. It took him a while to do it. Not sure how he did it with no name or VIN, but he did (Ive played on the same system, but didn't think it could be one)

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha good luck finding any information about them. All of the TD cars were used and abused to the point of no return so you will be lucky to get a name.
r2kool:

Finding info, yes I've been trying for a very long time. Just curious of their fate. I heard once that 328 was in PA. That was a good 10 years ago though.

As for: 'All of the TD cars were used and abused to the point of no return"
Well, you obviously want to discourage others from looking for the numbered cars, don't you. Maybe you're looking for one yourself....hmmm???
Is that it? I think so.

Anyway, if you really do believe your own statement, go to an SDAC convention and marvel at 100's of well maintained, and or modified Shelby's. And if you're in the NY area I can show you 2 cars that were never abused, under 70k miles, and were maintained with Shelby & Chrysler dealer bought parts.

Jim

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon:

Unfortunately the dealership closed in the early 1990's and I don't have any VIN info.
Bayside dodge opened after the 86 GLHS came out and their first car in was 1987 #0325.
That was followed by 0326 - 0328.
The last car I ever saw there was a 1989 CSX-VNT

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
r2kool:

Finding info, yes I've been trying for a very long time. Just curious of their fate. I heard once that 328 was in PA. That was a good 10 years ago though.

As for: 'All of the TD cars were used and abused to the point of no return"
Well, you obviously want to discourage others from looking for the numbered cars, don't you. Maybe you're looking for one yourself....hmmm???
Is that it? I think so.

Anyway, if you really do believe your own statement, go to an SDAC convention and marvel at 100's of well maintained, and or modified Shelby's. And if you're in the NY area I can show you 2 cars that were never abused, under 70k miles, and were maintained with Shelby & Chrysler dealer bought parts.

Jim
AH you found out my plan!!! NOOOO!!!

Im not trying to discourage anyone. Its just that the cars are so hard to come by that it is almost impossible to find a certain one.

I'll start trying to find those ones for you. Maybe the more people who try to find them the more luck you;ll have.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey r2kool:

Yes, I found out your plan lol!
Hey, I know how frustrating it can get.
I've been looking for years for interior trim panels in like new condition.
Nobody seems to have any.

So what TD car are you looking for?
They do turn up.
I think it's a matter of whats been done to them, is it reversable, and how much does the seller want for the car.
If the car is missing pieces that just aren't available, that can mess things up too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts