Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im begining to plan my 2.2l turbo engine build im curious what headgasket to use... should i go with a mopar performance or an aftermarket one? i plan to be running 20-25 boost

·
Registered
146 Posts
Should the question be how much are you willing to spend, or how many times are you willing to spend it? I know that the mopar gaskets are good, but i also know that the cometic is probably the best gasket available and if you are gunna be abusing it (aka driving it like you should), it is worth the extra coin to get the cometic and not have to worry about it. If it was just stock i would run the mopar gasket, but u know how it goes, once you get a little taste of some extra boost you always want more.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, they do cost a lot, but in my opinon it is worth the extra cash. I guess it depends on how badly you want to be stuck on i65 on your way home for the weekend only 30 miles into a 100 mile trip because the guy in the bmw thought his car was faster than yours.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like youve had a personal experience lol, ive only used mopar performance gaskets in the past so i wasnt sure if they could hold up.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohh btw i plan to use this car as a daily driver (whenever i cant drive the gremlin)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not my experiance but someone i know, they made this suggestion to me when i started asking about building my Daytona. The cometic gaskets are also better for everyday use because their multi-layer design allows them to expand at different rates on the head side and the block side which is important because of our engines' cast iron block/aluminum head construction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts