Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90 daytona es 2.5 turbo

i kind of get what the design philosophy and reasoning is to take a 2.5 common block and make it put out 220hp, because i think thats where my engine is. the car went 1/8 mile in 9.025 @ 81 mph with a passenger, so I think its probably around 220hp at the crank.

the were two ideas behind the changes to it:

"pre-emptively manage detonation as much as possible so you can increase boost as much as possible", hence the huge intercooler and water injection

and

"reduce restrictions as much as possible without changing the manifolds or head", hence the 3" straight out exhaust and 2.5" intercooler piping

now i'm upgrading again, and my idea is just a minor change to idea #2, to allow changes to the head and manifolds. hence the tubular exhaust and intake manifolds, big throttle body, and mildly ported g-head.

but what idea gets added to go 400hp+? where does that power come from on an engine of this size? i'm guessing:

-higher rpms + better flow so there is still torque at higher rpm + compression? (and more boost/air)

and maybe

- less rotating mass waste? (balancing)

along with all the fuel and detonation management as before...is this correct?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What will your wheels and tires choices be?

How will you pass smog?
the tires are m&h slicks on standard chrysler 15" rims from a minivan

i think smog wont be an issue, because i have a year and a half left before my next test, or im willing to have a stock engine ready to be installed (or stock parts if thats not neccessary)

its not a daily driver so i can be pretty flexible..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts