·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
You're boosting at 23psi?
no he's stock, trying to work bugs out

last I knew he's got some of the vac lines figured out(was overboosting), but said it now boosts to 11 then falls on its face and boost drops.

So we can say for sure that its prob pig rich, but something else may be droping the boost also, like timing being pulled?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no he's stock, trying to work bugs out

last I knew he's got some of the vac lines figured out(was overboosting), but said it now boosts to 11 then falls on its face and boost drops.

So we can say for sure that its prob pig rich, but something else may be droping the boost also, like timing being pulled?
yes, thats exactly right. I got under the car tonight because the fuel pump is no longer priming... and while there is power going to the pump, the new pump is no longer working. I will go out tomorrow and purchase another gas can (as the tank is topp'd off) and drain/pull the new tank/pump that I just installed to take the pump out and verify that it is working/notworking.

If the fuel pressure is going up mad high like that, two questions:

Would it go mad high because of a W255 fuel pump?
Bad FPR?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
55 PSI at idle and 1:1 gain while under boost. (i.e.: 11 PSI boost + 55PSI = 66PSI fuel pressure @ 11 PSI turbo boost)
Its a vac line though not boost only source correct??

Meaning if its 55base then when in boost it should be 66psi, BUT when at idle it would be 45psi because of the vac.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
So I dont have much info on stockish setups, so someone please help this guy out. He has ability just needs help getting this car that was hacked together running right, since he's a new owner of it.

so w/o confirmation
the pump puts of max volume the whole time its on(we'll besides the voltge increase from the alt, if any, doesnt do that much for flow), so the options of a bad pump or bad return should be ruled out IMO.

so it can be a couple of things, either the return line is restrictive or the regulator is funky(cant tell till I get the facts)

zeeboid please confirm how you measured the pressure, vac line hooked or unhooked? Also you have the vac line to the boost only or vac/boost source?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
FPR line is Manifold = Vac/boost

do you have a stock fpr? I would look into this first. Fuel pump does not control fuel pressure, just pumps the gas to the fuel rail. What are you using to measure fp? Electronic gauge inside car?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
it appears to be the stock FPR, as it is plain, black, and still has the pinch clamp on the vac line that goes to the intake manifold.

to measure the FP, i was using a mechanical gauge duct-taped to the windshield.

Any way for me to test the FPR before I go and by one?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not sure if thread is still active,,
But here goes,

If I replace my stock furl pressure regulator,,with an adjustable one.
How do I know what number/pressure sitting to use?

On Spirit R/T ..3" exhaust,,20% in injectors,,computer

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
This thread is long dead... but to answer your question, you'd want to install a wideband and tune it that way. If you're running bigger injectors and more boost, you should have a wideband anyhow.

·
Registered
191 Posts
OK...
Thanks for picking up my question.
Ok then,,I'm an Old guy from Old School
What and where do I ,,use,,get,,and install this wideband??

THANKS

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts