Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the DIFFERENCES between SRT4 Turbo & PT CRUISER turbo

What are the DIFFERENCES between SRT4 Turbo & PT CRUISER turbo?

The dodge dealer lists them as being two different part numbers. Does anyone actually know the differences between the two turbos? :confused:

Is the only difference the shape of the exhaust to clear the firewall in the PT? :bash:

Is there a difference in the turbos on a PT between the low HP and High HP models? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer say the PT and the SRT has two different numbers and the PT version costs twice as much as the SRT.

Anyone ever compare the two turbo/manifolds side by side?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It's got to be the manifold, come on guys, it's our beloved "Dodge" were talking about. No way are they going to use a different turbo itself, so it has to be the manifold, and even then I would be suprized if it were different. I have a buddy with a PT, I'll look at it and my SRT4 and see if there are any visual differences.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I dont know about the Turbofolds but the intakes are different. PTGT's use a two piece, intake manifold goes over valvecover and TB is up near the firewall.

No difference in Turbo Lite 180HP vs PTGT 220 except for CPU and turbo Lites only come in Automatics in Touring Editions as option. Can get an 04 Touring Edition Turbo Lite and buy the Stg1 CPU and bump it up to 225 HP or so. I have the PTGT 5 spd with Stg 1. Very nice car and if you look for used one can get them for 15K or so with low miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts