Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick Question. What is the Stock Throttle Body Size for out TIII's; 46mm or 52mm or ????

I'm trying to see where I want to take my intake porting, I plan on running stock TB for now but want to do the work now so later I can upgrade easily!
Thanks, Seth

·
Registered
142 Posts
Supposedly all 3.0 minivans from 96-00 have 58mm throttle bodies. My 99 Town & Country has a 58mm throttle body. The parts catalog shows the 58mm specific gasket (larger bore) for 96-00 NS body (minivan). This does not mean all 96-00 minis had 58mm tb's. The factory regularly substitutes parts when they run short on one item in order to keep production going.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't the 87 Minivan 3.0 V6s have a 58mm TB?
I don't know if that year only did! I know a buddy of mine a few years back had a few 3.0L minivans and gave me a TB off one and I just checked it and its a 52mm!

Here is a pic of a 58mm TB Gasket does this look like the right one to use on a TIII manifold with a 58mm TB????? The packaging says" Dodge truck V6, 3.8L 2000-01"?

If this isn't the right one does anyone know the correct gasket #(mopar or any brand?)

Also My intake is on its way to get ported, I was going to have it opened up to use with a 58mm TB, but I read some where that TIII intakes TB opening is already 58mm does anyone know if thats true????
Thanks, Seth

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
52mm Throttle body was only supposed to be on 87 3L .89s up got smaller ones .Don't remember the size but was supposed to be for better MPG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts